18 (2). Harry- Mommy?

"I no eat potatoes!"

The young man huffed with annoyance at his sleepy daughter. Never in three years had she been so cranky about breakfast.

"Three more spoons, then okay, no eat potatoes-" he mentally poked himself at what he said. Hell, he was supposed to correct her. "I- I mean? Then you don't eat potatoes."

Lily stuck out her tongue and buried her face in the wooden table, having every mind of irritating her father this weekend.

"Pancakes?"

"Next time, Snitch. Come on."

"No eat potatoes."

"Yes eat potatoes."

Harry ignored her as she muttered 'no eat potatoes' and ladled her spoon with the mashed potatoes (with Molly's own recipe, how could Lily not like it?).

But, Merlin, Lily turned out to be an exact gremlin as she cocked her head away just at the precise moment, successfully (and proudly) spilling the food on the table.

Harry had to pinch the bridge of his nose at the sight of extra work.

"Look, Snitch, if you want to mess up with me, let me put my cards straight away. I'm the boss here. When I say sleep, you sleep, and when I say eat," he passed another spoon towards the toddler and maintaining a faux intimidating look on his face, smirked lightly, "you?"

"Eat," Lily grumbled as she finished the bite.

"Good," he smiled at her. "Now be a snitch and eat."
The ravenet grinned at his daughter which clearly read as: dad-1, snitch-0.

‧͙ ⁺˚ *・༓ ☾

"It would have made more sense," the blond grimaced at the memory, "If you have flipped that crocodile heart on that fucking Potter's face."

squeal from across the table, a muscle twitching in his jaw as he shook silent laughter. "That was worth it, Malfoy! I sacrificed 50 points-"

"Fucking way to crush your points, Weasel."

Hermione tutted from the other corner of the room. Draco spending evenings (mostly verbal scrimmages and trio slanders were acceptable in his eyes) with them wasn't a rare sight. But Harry joining them was indeed rare.

"What's the catch, Draco? Tell something new," she clicked her fingers airily over her head, her eyes not receding the book she had been reading.

The red-haired Weasley noticed the sudden fall of words. It was unlike Malfoy- he'd have scoffed, rolled his eyes, or passed a non insulting insult. But he was quiet- timidly examining the glass of butterbeer which had no hooks to be examined.

"Oi, Malfoy! Have you got a girl?'

At this, even Hermione lowered her book and arched her brows at the pureblood. "Is it so, Draco?"

"Huh? Of course not, Hermione," he replied in a low voice, tracing the silhouette of the glass. "I was just wondering about this friend of mine-"

"Friends with?"

"Your death, Weasel," Draco scoffed as Ron grinned, just to be silenced by one of Hermione's looks, which screamed 'manners, Ronald!'.

"Yeah, so I've no idea if you both are graced with the knowledge that she met Lily...or maybe the other way round?"

"Oh, Merlin! That lady?" Hermione jumped onto her feet and sat between Ron and Draco. "She is your friend?"

"Uh- not sure, just kind of. After seeing them together, I was thrown into this thought that don't you all think it's time for Potter to settle again?"

Ron shifted nervously on his chair, well remembering where the winds took this conversation with his mate last time. But Draco knew he needed to, if not to cater his own suppressed need, then for Lily.

‧͙ ⁺˚ *・༓ ☾

"I swear that's the worst idea."

"Shut up, Granger, it's the best idea that ever struck a wizard."

"And how am i supposed to distract Harry while you loop in to fill Lily's mind with propositions?"

Malfoy sighed. "Use that 'brightest witch' brain of yours. Your headache, not mine."
So there were no surprises when the blond cheerfully made his way towards the little Potter, ignoring his acquaintance (and well leaving him in the hands of Granger). Harry looked on from the door, an unimpressed lopsided scowl on his face as adjusted his round Rimmed specs while casually striking the most normal talks with Hermione.

"Little Potter," Malfoy simpered at the toddler, who greeted him with a toothy grin. "Good afternoon with loads of plans."

Hermione passed a pointed look to the Slytherin as he hoisted the girl on his arms and made his way out of the room and met with none other than one of Harry's aggressive eye rolls.

Well shit.

"He-he was missing Lily," Hermione awkwardly laughed and in order to divert his attention, jumped, "by the way, Ron challenged you for a game of chess..."

‧͙ ⁺˚ *・༓ ☾

"I'll give you pancakes, but we are not going."

"No pancakes. We go."

"You don't argue," Harry placed his arms on his hips, the spatula poking out of his grip in an intimidating position. "Who the bloody hell taught you that?"

"Dad said a bad word!" Lily glared in a childlike manner, clicking her fingers like her godmother. "Who taught you?"

Bloody hell is a bad word? Harry mused as he ran his hand through the mess of his hair. For a three year old- definitely yes.

"Fine, sorry, Snitch. But we're not-"

"We go because I want to paint."

"Paint and?"

"Paint and meet mommy."

Harry mentally cursed at that word. Why the hell Lily was so desperate to meet this lady? And first things first, who the hell is this lady? All he knows about this 'mommy' (he is frustrated that he doesn't even know her name and is compelled to use this weird word) is that she could be a dark wizard in making or their minion, and if you stoop to the muggle level, this ; lady could be anyone but a kidnapper.

Let Lily meet her? Hell, nah.

"No," he simply scoffed and turned to continue the dishes, turning one more time to see whether Lily was sitting on the kitchen counter like a second before or trying to jump off it (uh- she has his anger issues).

"You owe her a sorry," he heard the little mumble as he lightly cleared his throat.

"I don't owe her any dicky bird. And who taught you this 'owe'?"

"Uncle Dray... he definitely a gentleman...unlike you-"

Lily closed her ears with a ghost of a smile as she heard her father dropping the dishes back into the sink and zooming to the living room, where he definitely plucked up his phone and judging by the gruff scream of 'MALFOY!', the game was on.

So updating the recent scoreboard, dad-1, snitch-1. Lily mentally patted herself.