Prologue

Ahh! This is driving me insane.

I took off my eyeglasses and close my eyes when my phone suddenly rang.

I look at it and it was Mary Nathalie who called me.

Napakunot ang aking noo and answered the call.

"For Pete's Sake, Mary Nathalie Mendoza! It's 3 am in the Philippines and you're calling me?" I said and she laughed.

(I'm sorry, Soleil! Kakatapos ko lang kasing mag balance ng mga kailangang ibalance and I thought that I should call you! I miss you already!)

We are thousands of miles apart but I can feel her pouting her lips.

"I miss you, too but you need to rest na. It's already late there and please lang Nathalie! Don't call me by my first name"

( Sorrryyy! Btw, when ka ba uuwi? Uuwi ka ba this year? It's been 5 years, Leigh! Everyone's waiting for you and we missed you!)

I rolled my eyes kada tatawag siya yan ang palaging itatanong niya simula pa noong mga nakaraang buwan.

"You know naman that I'm very busy right? Lalo na ngayong naka maternal leave ang head namin"

(Miss ka na namin! Baka naman? Kahit mga October, Leigh? Ikakasal nako! You promised me na pupunta ka sa kasal ko) nagtatampong saad niya.

"I'll try to ask my boss! 5 months from now pa naman yun. Sige na matulog ka na! Goodbye!"

(Yeeey!! Bye! Loveeyouu!)

"Loveeyouutoo!"

I immediately ended the call and proceed to what I was doing earlier.

Hanggang sa may narinig akong kumatok.

"Come in!" I said as I was very busy with what I'm doing.

"Nataleigh, you are 3 mins. late. The President is already looking for you" I immediately looked at my watch and it's already 3:03 pm.

Damn! I didn't know!

"Ohhh!! I'm sorry. I'll be there! Please give me a minute or two to prepare" I said while panicking.

Kaede, an assistant from another Department, nodded and got out of my office.

I only put on some light make up and inayos ang outfit ko.

I was wearing a white long sleeves paired with my nude high waist trousers and my 2 inches white heels.

I brought my notes and laptop with me.

Dali-dali akong pumunta sa meeting room at pagbukas ko ay nandun na silang lahat.

"I'm sorry for being 5 minutes late, there were a lot of things that I needed to accomplished in my department." I said as I bow.

"It's okay, Nataleigh. I'm also sorry to call you for this urgent meeting and I know that you have a lot of things to do especially that Jones is on leave. Please proceed to your seat" I immediately bowed my head as a way of thanking our president and took my seat.

As I was roaming my eyes in the room.

I met a pair of brown eyes that was owned by someone that I have long for 5 years.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Everyone, Please welcome, Mr. Sebastian Montellano, Our new head of Accounting Department" they all clapped their hands.

I clapped slowly as he stands up to bow his head to everyone.

Thick eyebrows,

Long eyelashes,

Dark hair,

those brown eyes

and that red lips.

Am I dreaming? Why is he here? The guy that I have been longing for 5 years is here.

________________________________________________________________________________

Soleil Nataleigh Vergara left the Philippines in 2022 to pursue her dreams in another foreign country. She never expected to see him again after a long long time. What if after 5 years of not going home ay ang tadhana na ang gumawa ng paraan para pagtagpuin sila ulit ng Greatest what if niya?