First Date

Beggin' On Your Knees For Me: Chapter 1

-First Date*

It all started when I was in my room, just lying down, nibbling on some of the Cheetos that I got from the kitchen. When out of nowhere, I got this message from one of the girls at my school. It read: Did u know dat Drake from the wrestling team likes u?

At first, I was uneasy. I mean, who believed things like that? Right, but, then I really thought about it and decided to message back. I sent: Who is dis? & how do yu know?

Then I laid my phone on my bed and waited for a reply. After that, the screen flashed. The message reading: I'm Trisha Redd, from the cheerleading squad. And I know bcuz I've been friends with him since uh long tyme

I licked off my fingers from the crumbs of Cheetos and wiped my hands on the sheets of my bed. Then, I grabbed my phone up off of the bed and unlocked my screen. Should I believe her? Sure, she was on the cheerleading squad.

But, I don't know... Then, I got an idea.

I sent her a message asking: Then, can yu send me a pic of yu?

This was the only way I could make sure that this thing wasn't some stupid prank or something. I mean, I wasn't anything special. I was weird and sometimes when I was in school I didn't like to be in a crowd of people, it just wasn't me. Suddenly the screen lit up again and I got her picture.

I gasped. It really was her. In the picture she was wearing her cheerleading uniform and not really looking at the camera. Her eyes were the color of light blue and were really noticeable. Also, her hair was in a half pony-tail and she had these beautiful heart shaped earrings on. She had a smile in the picture too and lots of makeup, of course... Then, I saw that she had on the ring that I saw her in school with today. It was a silver rose that was so rare; I had never seen it before. That's what gave it away to me, it must be her.

That silver rose was pretty too. Man, I wish I had it. I looked at my hands; all I had on was this ring that only had a purple crystal in it. I liked it because my grandma had given it to me. So it was special and had sentimental value.

Anyways, I didn't really know how to respond! I mean, now I was positive it really was her. But, could the things she was saying be true? Could Drake Gunner from the wrestling team actually like me? Oh, no. I don't want to get too hopeful! Hmmm, I wonder what this calls for.

I got it!

I replied by sending her: Wow! It really is you :O But I don't know about the whole Drake thingy though... It went "Whoop," signaling that the message went.

"Gosh! I really love that sound!" I said, letting out a small laugh.

"Ding."

Her next message read: Do you want his # as proof?