ch. 4

Jay calmly waved at Jungwon, him not even noticing. His eyes quickly found a seat with the title 'people council president'. Assuming that was his spot, he sat right next to Jungwon. He looked at Jungwon until Jungwon looked at him. They held eye contact for a while when Jungwon harshly looked away.

"Hi I didn't notice you, neither did I think you'd actually show up." he said fixing his bangs.

Jay scrunched his face, why did he look so nervous? And why was he so beautiful?

"Stop looking at me, I haven't had time to put on makeup, so what about it?" 'makeup?' Jay didn't even know he wears makeup, he looks stunning without it, so he doesn't get what he'd be insecure about.

"Fine if you're gonna look at me, can you at least be helpful and grab that stencil on your right side?" Jungwon said, Jay nodded, picking up the red stencil handing it over to Jungwon. He muttered a small 'thanks' and continued sorting some papers.

"Do you not rest at all? I've never seen you doing anything remotely fun..." Jay said, actually thinking about it. How depressing must it be working all the time, not having any fun with his friends, not going to arcades. Just caring about life and grades was boring, but sorting out papers in his teenage years was the lowest he's seen anyone go.

"Um, when you put it like that, no I don't really rest. But this is a kind of therapy for me I guess, makes me feel safe and all, you know you should try it, gets your mind off certain things." Jungwon said to Jay, handing him papers needing to be assembled together. They still had a while till the other members started showing up so Jay figured 'why not?'.

They both sorted papers together, assembling them in order. Both chuckling sometimes when a paper would fall to the floor, or the chair would squeak.

"Your dumbass didn't just put the papers upside down... How the fuck am I even gonna fix this mess ahsh-" Jungwon said not knowing to cry or to laugh. Jay sharing the same feelings.

That all went on until a few of the council members entered, them freezing. The other members mumbled amongst themselves. Jay hearing things like 'he actually came?' 'why were they alone?' 'he's hotter up close' and so on.

"Since most of us are here we can start the meeting!" Jungwon announced, everyone nodding. "Well, first of all as you can see Jay joined us today so we can actually discuss the fun part of the school festival." 'a festival?' Jay was confused but nevertheless listened closely. "It's coming up in a few days and we still haven't gotten ideas on the main booth, something that'll attract attention and traffic... So does anyone have any ideas?"

Some people suggested things like a maid cafe, water balloon fight zone, arcade games or someone even suggested renting a big bouncy castle. None of these were bad ideas but Jungwon wasn't as impressed, he wanted something more eye-catching.

"How about a kissing booth?" Jay suggested and Jungwon's eyes lit up. Of course, he would suggest something like that but Jungwon thought he was a genius.

"I like that the most, for now, does everyone agree on that being the main booth?" Every person around the table nodded, impressed by Jay's cliche, but good idea. Jay was still in fantasy land though, thinking how it could be arranged, styled, which color it could be, who would be on the booth...

"Jay, Jay, earth to Jay!" Jungwon said tapping him on the shoulder, the older jumping at the coldness of his hands. "Yeah?"

"I said that was a great idea, Jay, do you have people in mind who would work on the kissing booth?" Jay looked at Jungwon closely, thinking about it for a second.

"How about you do it?"