Chapter 4: Nyxen

This childish like man spends his time playing video games and has even made a career out of it. At the age of twenty-two, he's accomplished many goals in his gaming career and was actually celebrating his tournament win tonight. Him and a bunch of his close friends went out to an arcade to celebrate his victory.

While at the arcade he began winning many tickets off the skeeball machines, basketball machines, etc. That is until he heard screaming of terror that was enough to draw his attention from the game he had been dominating. Nyxen peeks around the machine to see what the commotion was and people were running around in terror from something. That's when he notices a decaying and living walking corpse charges out from the back and trips onto a little girl, eating her alive. He was completely shocked by the thought of real life zombies, no it couldn't be. Had to be some kind of sick prank by someone who's really well diverse in special effects. Yet, the more he watched the more it became clear it was no prank as more of the zombies burst out the back and into the gaming lobby.

"Shit, shit, shit!" was all he could mutter under his breathe as he dug into his pocket and withdrew a pocket knife. He thinks about all the movies he's watched and all the games he's played that contained zombies in it, remembering to aim for the head. With that in mind, Nyxen rushes from behind his game machine and stabs the nearest zombie in the skull. Feeling the blade sink in before he rips it out with the adrenaline in his body helping him, watching as it slumps to the floor dead. He rejoices for a short few seconds that the games and movies were right to aim for the head.

With that out of the way he rushes for the exit, taking out any zombie that got in his way and bursts himself outside. He looks around in a rushed manner as he thinks of the best option as he remembers that a car wouldn't be too crucial at the moment with widespread panic and hysteria. Nyxen decides to just rush down the sidewalk, knowing his house was just down the road but had to make sure he wouldn't get ran over and to watch out for more zombies. It felt like this was just a dream that was so surreal but the image of that little girl with blood spraying and gushing out of her neck from the zombie choosing her for his meal, he was certain it wasn't.

He finally makes it home for what felt like hours, quietly barging in so the zombies quickly spreading their infectious bites wouldn't hear him. He had remembered all the ways to survive, what to do and what not to do. Nyxen quickly runs towards his brother's room and slides onto his knees in front of a very large chest. He quickly unlocks it and gets it open to take out the shotgun and a few pistols kept inside. He grabs a duffel bag and shoves the pistols inside as well as the ammo to go with his shotgun and the pistols. "This would be a lot easier if he was home, but beggars can't be choosers." He say as he heads out the door after running to the kitchen and grabbing a bunch of water bottles instead of his usual energy drinks.

Nyxen puts the shotgun over his shoulder, carrying it that way with the strap he had installed to it two weeks ago. He was so glad of that as he had his pocket knife in hand and snuck past the zombies by using little shortcuts around his neighborhood. Once downtown, he notices this situation was much worse than he had first thought. It was horrifying that zombies were super quick to spread this terrible infection. He had to shake his head to help him focus so he could grab any supplies he could, making sure to stay alert as others may be having the same idea as him.

He knew he wasn't the only apocalypse nut around and with all this chaos going on, people weren't going to be the best in this situation. "About time this happened. A world like this is something I can find paradise in." He says as he had always dreamed of this. A world thrown off balance that he could be whoever he wanted to be and not be questioned about it. Nyxen quickly climbs through a broken window of a nearby gas station, he searches around for any chips or snacks he could get his hands on. He opens up the space in his bag that didn't have the guns and ammo and starts filling it with all kinds of snacks that was left in a rush by others.

This was when he hears a couple sets of footsteps crunch under the broken glass. He curses under his breathe as he puts his pocket knife up and pulls the shotgun off his shoulders and into his hands. He sets his bag down around the corner and peeks around the shelving, seeing two women with baseball bats and he sighs. He decides to stand up and points his gun at them after slinging his backpack over his shoulders. "Look, if you don't come after me, you can grab what's left here and we can move on. I don't want to shoot you."

The women nod as he makes his exit keeping an eye on them. After he was outside again, Nyxen hustles off down the street and starts using the alleyways to keep from being seen and heard. He then sees two people trying to get through a horde of zombies, noticing they were extremely geared up and with military grade assault rifles as well as gear. He recognizes them to be Marines as his brother was a Marine as well, only it was his brother whom was with this woman. He didn't want to shout at them for the zombies roaming around so he decided he'd make a distraction. Nyxen takes a lead pipe from the ground after slinging the shotgun over his shoulder again and hits it against the fence in front of him. After a couple of hits and noticing the zombies making their way to him, he rushes off in the opposite direction.

He figures they'd be heading to the museum nearby so he made his way there too, only stopping to watch as a giant zombie broke his way into the museum. He curses heavily under his breath seeing a towering zombie like that as an indicator this wasn't going to be the apocalypse he thought it was going to be. He went across the street after seeing his brother and the woman whom had to be his brother's leader walk into the museum. "Fuck!" was all he could muster from his lips as he knew it was a death trap to go and follow them inside.

So, Nyxen went up ahead and around into an alley way to wait for them to be done in there. This was when he began wondering why his brother was sent home and during a time like this all of a sudden. He figured the military would keep the troops safe from something like this. His thoughts were quickly interrupted by the ground shaking again and he knew that towering zombie was making its way out of the museum. Hearing gunshots going off close by as it had to be his brother and the woman with him, only he heard one set of steady footsteps running his way.

Nyxen quickly reaches out and grabs the person coming up and knocks them unconscious before they could hurt him, even if it was his brother. Only, it wasn't his brother and was the woman that was with him. Nyxen curses under his breath and drags her into a nearby bar, locking it up and putting heavy items in front of all the doors to make sure anyone or anything couldn't get in for the meantime.

this was the start of the gamer who thought it wasthe dream life to live in a zombie apocalypse, only it was quickly crushed seeing a towering zombie and that his brother was in the mix. Nyxen, the childish gamer who's going to find out how harsh this life was going to be.