Chapter Eleven

"Uh...hey, Jacobs, do you have any lipgloss? I've already finished mine"
I hear a voice from behind me, speaking uncertainly.

I turn around.
Parkinson.

"I..uh...yeah, sure" I slowly hand it to her. She smiles at me.

"Thank you" She says.
Turning back around, I look inside the mirror, seeing a confused and surprised version of myself. And rightly so.
I shake it off.

Literally every student of the 6th year must be getting ready at the moment.
I know so.

Because the party is starting in two hours.
The Slytherin common room party starts in two hours, and our entire year  is invited.

I didn't even get why, to be all honest. Surely it was way better with all the other houses, I just never got the Slytherins. One day they despise every other house and on the other, they invite them.

First, I was not exactly sure how big this party was going to be, but as the information of this party passed a few days ago, it did spread like a wildfire.

I just know it has to get big.

Fixing my dress, I run a hand trough my hair.

"Uh...Jacobs.. I'm sorry for asking again, but do you have any eyeliner? I'm really sorry, I just didn't get any new make-up-"

"Hey..." I cut her off.
"You really don't have to ask me. You can use whatever you want to"
I smilingly shake my head.

She knits her brows confused.

"Why?"
"What?"
"Why?" She repeats.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, why would you be so nice to me?"

I turn around to look up to her.
"Why wouldn't I? You didn't exactly do anything to me?"

"Are you kidding me?!" She bursts out and I widen my eyes in surprise. She catches herself again.

"Sorry, I-I, what?!" She stares at me.

I turn back towards the mirror, grinning like an idiot.

"But it's true, isn't it?" I catch her attention. "You didn't do anything to me, so I needn't be a bitch to you, just because you're obsessed with Draco."

Okay, that sounded a bit rude..
Before I get to correct myself, she speaks up again.

"Oh"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

When I get down, bright green lights start flashing down at me.

I stare at them, illuminating the whole common room.

The party already started and I gaze down in amazement. At many... more than I had expected... dancing students.

I walk further down.
Many are dancing, many laughing. Others are chatting and others at bar that was set up for this night.

I look at all the drinks present.
Trust the Slytherins to always get drinks from anywhere and anytime.

I get to a bar stool, still scanning the crowd for a white shining head. I don't find him. I turn around.

When I start pouring myself a drink in, a voice behind me sounds up.

"Evangeline!" I turn around to see Daphne Greengrass call my name. Rather shout my name, the music is extremely loud in here, pumping from every possible corner.

"Yes?" I call back. She's visibly drunk. I can tell. We aren't even friends, so I don't quite get why she yelled my name.

"Come dance with us!" She shouts, and a dancing Parkinson behind her appears.
"Yes. Come" She shouts as well.

I don't know what is going on. Not one bit and why they would call me, but something inside of me just wants nothing else than to dance with them, and so I stand up, taking my drink with me.

I notice Parkinson's bloodshot eyes, as she holds her arm out to me. I take it.
I take Parkinson's hand and we start dancing.

Parkinson, Daphne and me, with every other student jumping, screaming and laughing around us..