Chapter 17

*

Frank was relentless. Every single time I woke it was guaranteed that some time before I went to sleep, he'd come in or set the speakers off.

My body clock was completely stuffed and my sleep was all over the place. I slept when I could and ate when food was provided.

The inconsistency of the torture sessions was slowing my ability to cope. Sometimes I would get hours of sleep and others I would be woken after what felt like 5 minutes so Frank could beat me. They'd even come in when I was nibbling on the little amounts of food I was given.

Every time the speakers played their awful chorus of screams it felt like a little more was ripped from me. I had no hope left, I'd rot here and it would be because I wasn't enough, because I was pathetic - just like he used to say.

***

When I woke up it was no surprise that the second my eyes cracked open, the speakers blared. I closed my eyes again and curled up, scrunching my face and blocking my ears in an attempt to escape.

It was worse than any physical torture. Incessant, piercing, tortured screams.

I tried to think happy thoughts but even thoughts of Nathan's safety - which were my anchor - were becoming doubtful. I was sure his screams were coming from the speakers, tangled with all the others.

The screaming became unbearable. I felt like death was a better option than this. I was pushed over the edge by some very Joseph-sounding screams.

Tears ran from my eyes and I screamed too. My scream was high pitched and tortured, just like those being played. No matter how much I screamed and cried, no one came for me. Because I was useless and pathetic.

I screamed until my throat went hoarse - which was very quick because of how many times I had this reaction. Every scream felt like it was ripping my throat apart.

Then just as suddenly as it had started it stopped. Everything was buzzing from the sudden silence. It was as if someone had hit pause. Even my shrieks seemed to get cut off by the abruptness.

I uncurled slightly and blinked tears from my eyes as I looked around surprised. As I swivelled my head I saw a blurry figure in the corner. I didn't wait to figure out whether it was real or just a hallucination. Instead I simply took a deep breath and slowed my heart, forcing myself into unconsciousness.

***

Coming to, I peaked out of my arms to check for the figure. It wasn't there. I breathed a sigh of relief that came out half sigh half grunt.

The room was still silent. Completely. There wasn't even the slight electrical buzz that the cameras had always produced.

I wearily lifted my head from its hiding place in my arms. I should at least try to stand. I shifted slightly, uncurling, but pain wracked my body. The burn from even that small movement shot straight down my back and through the rest of my body. Aches and throbbing came from all the still-healing cuts on my back and the forming scabs were stretching uncomfortably.

I willed some healing power, but it was weak and didn't last very long. Using my healing powers just sapped what little strength and energy I had left.

A dull bang sounded from the door and I jolted in surprise, wincing as I settled again. I waited cautiously, my eyes darting around in case something was about to happen. I heard another noise, different this time, but whimpered nonetheless. There were only 2 reasons someone was at the door; food or torture.

I curled back up, closing in on myself, trying to shut out the fear that the noise caused. It was too much. Too much fear, too much pain. I hated the vulnerability.

The banging came from the door again but I ignored it. It kept going and going, almost as if someone was trying to break the door down. Probably just another stupid torture method.

The door flew open and tucked my head into my arms further, shielding my face from an attack.

But it never came.

Instead I was shaken; everything inside me rattled. A strangled cry left my ragged throat from the pain of being moved. I pressed my eyes tighter together, trying to will the tears away.

The person who shook me stared at my curled up body. I could feel their eyes and hear their heartbeat really close. Then they got up and conversed with other people who I hadn't realised were in the room. I didn't listen to any of their conversation, but the person came back at the end of it.

Something was slipped over my head and the pain from them forcibly moving my arms made me groan and whimper.

Arms looped around me and they tried to pick me up, but the movement made my cuts burn and I let out a small, muffled scream. "Dammit" they muttered, retracting their arms and taking a second to think.

Apparently, they came to the conclusion that I could suffer and I was scooped into their arms. My small protests were ignored and the searing pain that rippled through my body got worse as they walked.

I groaned but quickly bit my lip, trying to disguise it. I waited for the punishment for making noise but nothing happened. Just the continuation of searing pain from the jostling.

I peeked one eye open slightly and a blurry figure came into view. I knew that face. But no, it must've been another hallucination because no. It wasn't not possible.

The edges of the little vision I had started getting blurrier and my head felt fuzzy. The constant pain was starting to be the only thing; in my brain, in my body, anywhere.

The last thing I heard before everything went black was "I got you Ray, don't worry, I g-"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N
Aye! Is something happening? Idk

I am so cringey omg soz. Hope you enjoyed

Pls vote, comment and share

xxx
E