chapter 20: Leather Liberation

An: the song mentioned in this chapter is above. I wrote this while listening to it and it was very immersive. So if you'd like to listen while you read it, it's right here. It's the same peice that played in y/n's car the first day she met Thomas. It is also the peice she was going to play with her orchestra before she Injured her hands (I didn't have enough time to put that in)

"Carrying you here now, I feel grief in the same immensity I felt joy when I carried you home."
       -an ancient Greek dog tomb

Maybe blood is thicker than water. Maybe y/n was wrong in everything she had believed that day. Or everything she believed in the past three months.

Her feet hit the ground like thunder. She's moving faster than she ever thought her legs could carry her.

Up on the hill, the radio buzzes to life with a song. An orchestra. The Holberg suite by Greig. Air, the song she song she heard the first day she met Thomas.

A chainsaw roars to life back up the hill, followed by Hoyt shouting.

"YES! YOU GET HER THOMAS! TEACH HER TO NEVER MESS WITH THE HEWITT FAMILY AGAIN!"

Even through the cacophony,  she can still hear the familiar tune playing in the back of her head.

It plays along with her beating heart, pumping the blood to her flying limbs.

Behind her, she can hear the chainsaw start heading her way. But she's already made it to the tree boarder.

He's too slow. I'll be able to lose him here.

She thinks hopefully. But avoiding the low hanging tree branches and roots proved difficult. After only a few seconds, Thomas has reached the tree boarder behind her.

She ducks, throwing herself through a bush. Spider webs find their way around her bare legs,  but bugs are the last thing in her mind at the moment.

She looks behind her, seeing Thomas swing the chainsaw down on a group of branches. He's clearing a path for himself, fast.

Fuck fuck fuck

She keeps running, clearing the trees and hitting the road. There's not a car in sight, so she follows it down.

Screams burst from the trees as Thomas clears them as well. He's shouting and spinning his chainsaw around like a maniac. A whine of terror escapes y/n's lips as she runs faster, ignoring the pained fatigue biting at her muscles.

The smell of pine and mud are in the air. And a hint of. . . Meat?

Coming into view is the meat factory. Unable to keep running, she jumps inside.

Her eyes frantically search the room for something to block the door. Anything!

A peice of wood! It sits in the corner. She grabs it, pushing it through the slots on the door.

THUNK

"UAAAAAAGHHHHH"

Thomas screams behind the door, pounding against it.

Y/n doesn't stand around waiting for him to find another way in, she looks for a place to hide.

She opens another door, leading to where Thomas was cutting meat the first day they met. It still reeks of meat and blood. She stiffles a gag, going up a set of stairs.