5. i bet on losing dogs

I bet on losing dogsI know they're losing and I pay for my place by the ring

I know they're losing
and I pay for my place by the ring

[shape shifted: season 2, episode 2]
─── ───

        "What's going on?" Tara said immediately rushing up to Scott and Stiles, Kenna close on her heels. "Why is your dad talking to Isaac?"

Stiles looked back at her with a raised brow. "Why, you know him or something?" he asked.

"No, no," Tara said quickly, shaking her head as she looked over at Isaac, who was standing at the corner of the field, talking to Stilinski and the other deputies. "Not that well."

"Shhhhh," Scott sounded, shaking his head slightly as he also stared at the group on the opposite end of the field. "I'm trying to listen."

"Yeah, shut up, Stiles," Kenna said quickly.

Stiles opened and closed his mouth rapidly. "I wasn't even saying anythin-" he started but Tara placed a finger to his lips.

"Shut up!" she said harshly, removing her finger as quickly as she placed it there. "I wanna hear this," she insisted.

"Okay, well I know for a fact, that you can hear perfectly fine, wolfie," Stiles hissed.

Tara frowned, glaring at the triumphant look on his face. "Shut. up," she repeated slowly, trying to focus on what the officers were saying, but her mind was too clouded with other thoughts to concentrate on the conversation before her.

Scott looked back at the three of them as one of the officers began to pull Isaac off of the field. "His father's dead," he explained. "They think it was murder."

Stiles raised his eyebrow, "Are they saying he's a suspect?" he asked as Tara's eyes continued to follow the blonde boy off of the school grounds.

Tara shook her head, "He's 16," she stated. "If they think he's a suspect that's fucking ridiculous," she said under her breath.

"Well, if they do that means they can lock him in a holding cell for 24 hours," Stiles informed them.