// Another //

~~~~~~~~~~~~Blessed art thou among women,~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed art thou among women,
~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 years ago

I felt the blood dripping down my back. After the first ten strikes, Amarantha got annoyed at the fact I hadn't made a noise and decided she would take over.

That's when I felt the pain. I opened my shields to tell Rhysand to stop taking the pain away. It would only caused more problems. So he did. And that's when it started to hurt.

Amarantha did not take it slow like Rhysand had. She let her anger out on my back. The sound of the whip cutting through the air before it hit my back was the only noise in the room except for my screams.

I couldn't control them.

My wings had tried to protect my back. But that didn't help. She would bring the whip onto them. Red slashes showed on my wings.

The white feathers were ripped out of them thanks to the whip. My entire back hurt.

20 lashes later, the attor had dragged me back to my cell. Where I lie now, crying in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't look the best do you, sunflower?"

Eris Vanserra stood in the threshold of my cell. His deep red hair was pulled into a pony tail behind his head.

I could only lift my head slightly because of the pain in my back. My healing was a lot slower then Fae healing.

Eris bent down laying a warm hand on my forehead. I think he was checking for a fever.

"You have a fever, Parisa." His voice sounded somewhat concerned. "I need to heal you."

I made a whimpering sound ,not really sure if Eris was being true or not. I couldn't move away from him so I had no control over what would happen.

"D-Don't touch me." I let out.

I tried to push back from him, causing me to rub on the cuts making pain shoot up my back. A whimper came from my mouth because of the pain.

"You'll die if I don't heal you." He sounded genuinely concerned.

"Why do you even care." I felt a flutter in stomach as he looked into my eyes.

"Because you're my..." He trailed off. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Fine." I sounded desperate but I'd do anything for this pain to go away.

"It's okay, sunflower. It will only hurt for a little while." Eris slowly lifted his hand and laid it on my back.

I hissed at the feeling of his hand. He gently held his hand over my wounds and started healing them.

I didn't want to know how much energy it would take for him to heal my wounds. Since Amarantha took most of their gifts, it took a lot for them use whatever was left.

"It's okay, just a little longer." I felt the pain subside a little more and then he stopped. "I must leave some bruises so Amarantha will believe that you healed by yourself."

I felt my eyes droop a little, feeling tired after the healing. Eris probably felt worse. "Thank you."

"Go sleep, my sunflower."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day

I woke up the next morning with a soft ache in my back. Noting to thank Eris for what he done. This situation was weird. I didn't want to trust him because of everything he did to Mor.

But I couldn't stop myself from thinking of the pull that I had when I locked eyes with Eris. I feel guilty about it.

I haven't sent or gotten a message through the mate bond. He is probably worrying about Rhysand and I, and I'm wondering what the pull I had is.

The more I think about that was the same feeling I had gotten when I first met Azriel. I wish I could speak with Rhysand. He would maybe be able to help me. But I don't know when I'll be able to see him again. 

I wonder what Azriel is doing now, is he thinking about me. Has he forgotten about me or is he looking for ways to get Rhys and I out of here.