Chapter 31 ~ Leo

Fayette

Last night... was.. everything. Eli asked to kiss me, and then we kissed, then we kissed some more. I was everything I thought it would be. And don't ask me why I think about it. Elias is a great kisser and he was so gentle with me. I wish he was my first kiss because he made it so perfect.

After we kissed, we watched tv and then went to bed. But not till after he kissed me some more.

Flashback.

"I'm going to head to bed." I say and he nods as I lift my head off his lap. I get up but he pulls me back down and kisses me again. I smile into the kiss which makes him smile as well. He deepens the kiss.

"I can't get enough of your lips." He says, kissing my head and I laugh as he hugs me close.

I break it up and look at him. I kiss his forehead and whisper to him goodnight.

Flashback over.

I touch my lips just thinking of it. I can't wait to tell Abby when I see her. I know she will flip out since she has been waiting forever.

Now, yes me and Elias have kissed, but we aren't together and I prefer it that way, at least for a little while. If he doesn't want to be together, that's fine with me but I also would not continue what we do.

I get up from my bed and walk towards my closet. I pull out my clothes and lay them on my bed and I open my door and walk towards the bathroom. I brush my teeth and my hair as well as my skincare routine.

I hear giggles in the kitchen and see Abby and Cole are back. All three of them are standing in the kitchen with a cup of coffee talking. I walk to the tea kettle to get me some tea. I walk past Abby and give her a kiss on the cheek. "How was your guys' night?" I ask the two as I wait for my tea to be done.

"It was really nice, we ate Mexican food and then had dessert at the hotel." Abby says and smiles as I nod, grabbing a mug and pouring my tea in.

"Oh shoot, we should probably leave for morning practice." Cole says as he grabs his hockey stuff and kisses Abby and bids her goodbye. He walks out the door and Elias comes back from his room and starts to head for the door.

"See you guys at school." He says walking to me and kissing my forehead. I give him a smile as he waves goodbye.

"Did I miss a chapter?" Abby says from behind me and I nod not knowing I did.

"Omg spill." She says and rests her elbows on the table.

"Well, he, uh, asked to kiss me in French and then we kissed." I rush out and Abby perks up and starts to squeal.

"FAY! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU." She says and I laugh. She gives me a hug and I return. "Tell me the details later. We have to get ready and go to school." I nod and head off to get ready.

☁️

I'm in the homeroom right now trying to get through attendance right now. Elias texted me saying the coach is holding them for homeroom so he's not here.

After homeroom is over I head to my required course which is Spanish. I sit in my seat in the back and wait for the teacher to arrive. Once I hear the teacher, I take my notes out and take a pencil and write my name.

"Hola, class. We have a new student today." The teacher says and I don't look up from my paper. "Would you please state your name and major?" I hear the teacher.

"Well hello my name is Leo Martin, and I am a transfer from France, and my major is criminology." I freeze at the voice not wanting to look up.

How is he here and why? I don't get it. Why is he here after being so against me being here?

"Lovely, please pick a seat." The teacher says and he looks around for a seat. He looks at the empty seat next to me and walks towards me.

"May I sit?" He asks and I shake my head. "I'm sorry but there is someone already sitting here." It's not a lie, my friend Amy sits here. "Really?" He asks and I nod.

I don't want to show that I'm freaking out on the inside and feel as if I'm going to faint.

Just on time, Amy walks in and I sigh of relief. "Hey Fay, so hockey boy number 15 huh good choice." She sits down and I smile at her.

"We're just friends." I say for the tenth time. Although this time it's different since we have now kissed.  Leo has walked away by now and is seated in the back.

☁️

Classes went by so slow but I made it to lunch. I did my best to avoid Leo. I speed walk to our table and sit with Abby. I know she can see my pale face because she gives me a confused look.

"Fay what's wrong you look pale?" She asks and I don't answer. Too zoned out thinking about Leo being here.

"Fay!" She yells and I look at her. "Babe your pale. I'm taking you to the nurse." She says not letting me get a word in. She takes our bags and helps me to stand up. She wraps her arm around my neck as she holds me up.

We walk and I stumble a bit but I can see the office doors. As if time was not in my favor. Elias and Cole walk through the doors obviously just coming back from practice. I don't look up but can see them looking concerned.

"Fay what's wrong?" Cole's voice says but I don't speak. I can't speak.

"She came up to me at lunch looking pale and she hasn't said a word to me so I'm taking her back to the nurse." Abby says and I dart to feel lightheaded.

"Abbs." I say losing balance. "Food." I say and Cole rushes, pulling his backpack down and reaching in for his food. Handing me leftover pasta from last night. Abby sits me on the ground and I thank Cole and eat slowly.

"Fay. Will you tell me what's wrong?" Abby says, putting her hand on my shoulder. I look at her in the eyes and my eyes start to water. She pulls me into a hug and I sob. "Leo is here." I whisper and feel her stiffen.

"What, what did she say?" Elias starts to freak out. I feel a little better after having eaten.

"Are you sure?" She pulls back and I nod sobbing more. The bell rings but I don't care. I just want to die in a hole and never come back out.