44. I would never ignore you. - Sierra

Tw // this chapter contains content of stalking. Please more forward carefully.

"Look at all the cute decorations!" I nudge Brian with my elbow and point to a storefront for an adorable baking supply store

The display window decorated for Thanksgiving boasts half a window pane that clearly marches toward Christmas. "Oh my gosh, I can't wait for the holidays."

With a noncommittal grunt, Brian appears to be deep in thought as he glances between the window and me. "How's your latte?" he asks, gesturing with his coffee cup toward mine. "What was it again—gingerbread cookie?"

"Awesome! Do you wanna try it?"

"Sure." Sipping from my cup, he laughs as it dribbles over his chin, extending it back toward me. B wipes his mouth with the back of his hand while swallowing, then cracks up again. "Yeah, it's definitely good."

I fish the napkin from my pocket and hand it over. "Is something wrong, B?" I ask, brushing some flakes from his beanie.

He makes a face, then smiles, pointing to indicate we should walk. We slowly dodge other people on the sidewalk on the busy Saturday morning, just happy to spend time together.

People's moods vary from stressed to giddy with the impending holiday, and we mosey away after grabbing coffee, my arm linked through his.

"Dude, it's dumb. But I miss you coming over Thanksgiving. I wish some things didn't have to change."

I lean my head on his bicep as we reach my block. "Yeah, I hear you. Too many awesome memories of Pena Thanksgiving and Christmas. Movie nights with the brothers and Z, Sabrina and Julia talent shows, sneaking beer and Abuela catching us..." I laugh, pivoting to meet his gaze. "Drawing on Josh after he falls asleep!"

Brian's eyes dance as he laughs with me. "Exactly. I miss that shit."

"You know what? We should have a Friendsgiving!" I twist my mouth. "But we'd have to do it after the holiday this year because I'm unprepared."

"That'll do." He squeezes me tighter to him then lets go as we near the building.

A cheerful voice calls my name in a deep Southern drawl, and I turn my head, finding Peter walking his adorable dog. "Hi! Hi, Macy!" I coo, crouching to scratch the sides of her face. "How's my good girl?"

Peter laughs. "She's happy to see ya."

"Me too. So, what are your plans for the holiday?" I ask, trying to avoid the awkward silence as Brian openly glares.

'Oh, nothin'. Takeout as usual. How about you?"

After a few seconds of this, Brian pointedly clears his throat. "Can we go inside? It's cold."

"Sure." I nab my cup off the ground and start telling Peter about going to my in-laws when the large glass door swings open, and our doorman ushers us inside, chattering about the chilly weather.