Pihu - Fainting

Pihu

Today's morning was hectic and it was all because I snoozed off my alarm. As a result I woke up too late. I got ready as fast as I can just grabbing an apple to eat as soon as I reach, I practically ran to school. But to my bad luck when I reached there the bell had run and I could not eat my apple. I just lined up in queue starting to pray. I had skipped dinner yesterday only because I wasn't hungry. All the exhaustion running and empty tummy took over me as I stayed silent praying during the assembly. I felt dizzy and suddenly everything went black.

Dr Vaibhav

I am a pediatrician and I have my own clinic which is located just beyond a school. I deal with infants, kids and teenagers. As my clinic is near to school, the school authorities contact me to check upon any kid if they get ill during school time. I got a call from the school just now asking me to check upon a girl who fainted during the assembly. I don't know the reason why she fainted but I quickly grab some common medicines and supplies which I would need to check and treat her on a primary basis. I pack my bag and rush to the school.

A teacher escorted me to the room where the girl was. She informed me that she is 14 years old and her name is Pihu. She told me to call her from the phone in the room if anything comes up or if I need something after which she left me to check upon the kid.

I see a young teenager sleeping peacefully as if nothing has happened to her. She is so sweet. I should find the reason of her fainting first. So I quickly start taking her blood pressure. The reading comes out very low. She fainted because of Low blood pressure. So I had guessed correctly.

I ask for some juice and biscuits for her from the teacher in order to make her eat something as soon as she wakes up. I gently shake her shoulders to wake her up. She doesn't respond well. I repeated making her cringy. I know this is annoying for her but I cannot let her sleep now.

Pihu

I felt someone rubbing my shoulders multiple times making me realise that I had fainted while praying during the assembly.

"Do you remember what happened?" I heard someone asking me.

I open my eyes to see a young man looking at me. He was wearing a lab coat. Oh he is a doctor.

"You fainted during the assembly." He answered his own question on my behalf.

"Oh yes I fainted. Can I leave now as I have classes." I asked him because I was really hungry and I had to go back to attend my classes too.

"No you cannot leave but don't worry your teacher knows that you cannot attend classes as you are not well."

Meanwhile someone came with a glass of juice and some biscuits and he passed it to me.

"Have it I know you are hungry. I will wait till you are done." He said making me wonder how does he know that I am hungry.

I started with the biscuits having sips of juice in between and within minutes I was done. I wasn't hungry anymore. I kept the empty tray on the table beside me.

"So Pihu so you skipped breakfast today. That's why you fainted. Do you know that."

"Since I woke up late today I didn't get time to have breakfast. I didn't want to skip it." I explained him.

"I need to check you before letting you go." He said changing the topic. I nodded.

He grabbed his stethoscope and placed it on my chest making me still. He removed it after a while and then placed it on my back.

He checked my pulse and blood pressure after that.

"I checked your blood pressure once again now but it isn't what I would like. For now I will give you a shot which will help you feel good but you still need to take rest today and eat properly." He said and started preparing the needle immediately.

I wasn't a fan of needles but I not scared of it too much. I couldn't protest with him so I decided to have this shot.

"Looks towards the window," he spoke as I felt a wipe at the crook of my arm.

I kept my hand relaxed. I felt a pierce in the skin which stayed constant for a second before pulling away. Oh that was fast and almost painless.

"See that was easy." He smiled as he discarded the syringe in the bin.

"Ok Pihu take rest today I will tell your principal to grant you a leave today. And remember never skip meals. I shall leave now." He spoke and I nodded after which he left the room.

I was given leave for the day. After eating apple and taking proper rest I went home.

Note-

Please keep voting and commenting. it gives me the motivation to keep writing.