CHAPTER 6

Dhira woke up to an unusual headache. She scolded herself for staying up too late doing nothing but zoning-out about some random arguments she had probably years ago. Well, don't we all do that?

She realised that even if she goes to office with this headache, it's only gonna end up getting worse so she decided to take leave and rest for the day.

Just on cue when she was about to do something for her to eat after freshening up, her doorbell rang.

Dhira scrunched her nose in confusion and attended to it to find Prathap standing outside.
He had probably noticed that Dhira hasn't come out to realise that she's at home.
She could see that he was tensed about something,
Dh: Yenna achi uncle?

Dhira asked concernly,
P: Ma, Naa urgent'ah veliya poren, vara romba late aagum. Naa Adhi'ku call panen avan class'le irukan pola. Inikki avan yedho sikkiram vandhuruven'u sonnan. Nee indha key mattum aprom avan kitta kudhukuriya?

Dh: Idhulla yenna uncle irrukku, naa kuduthuren. Neenga pathu poitu vanga

Prathap ruffled her hair and started walking to the lift with a relieved smile. Now he won't lose his keys.

~~~~~~

Prathap was right, Adhi did come home earlier than usual in the mid afternoon itself since he had fewer classes that day. When he came home to find it empty, he almost panicked until,

Vaathiyare!!!

He took a deep breath before turning to her after making sure no one else heard that,
Dh: Uncle, yengeyo urgent'ah veliya poitaru. Unga kitta indha key'ah kuduthutu ungala call panna solla sonnaru

Adhi frowned in confusion and took the key from her before muttering a thanks. He took out his phone and realised all the missed calls from Prathap. He scolded himself for not checking it after his classes finished and dialed to Prathap.

He had his phone pressed again his ears and shoulder while his hands were busy opening his door waiting for Prathap to pick it up.

Dhira was watching him from her house by leaning on her gate with her hands crossed over her chest,
Dh: Vaathiyare?

Adhi turned and raised his eyebrows indicating a what,
Dh: Phone' la panna pesanum theriyum'le?

Adhi stared at her with a straight face for delivering a lame comment when he was worrying over Prathap's whereabouts.

Dh: Seri, seri, moraikadhinga. Sorry, bye!

She sulkily apologised before running back into her house shutting the door behind.

Adhi rolled his eyes and shook his head , but what he didn't realise was that small smile that was curved in his lips.

~~~~~~