Monster Attack!

(I love this song! It is catchy and always gets me moving. Anyway, enjoy this chapter. Also an sorta OC of mine will be in this chapter. I'm not gonna follow Mystery Inc. all the time.)

Soon everyone made it to the hotel. They were all discussing about the clues they found at the castle and try to think of what it all means. Once they entered the lobby of the hotel, Mondevarious greets them, "Ah, Mystery Inc.. You all seem rather cheery. Good news, I hope?" He says. "Mr. Mononucleosis," Fred starts. Mondevarious sighs at his mispronunciation of his name, "Yes?" He sighs.

"We have hit a clue smorgasbord." Fred says and Daphne shows the park owner the Daemon Ritus. He looked fascinated by the relic. "We also have three suspects as to who might be behind this mess." Velma states. Shaggy holding up his hand with three fingers to emphasize. "N'Goo Tuana. He believes the amusement park was built on enchanted grounds." Gwen says. "The voodoo man, who shrewdly tricked me into going to the castle." Daphne adds. "And you." Fred points at Mondevarious. "Me?" The man said his eyes widened in shock.

"Alright gang, let's split up." Fred suggests. "We'll meet back here in half an hour. I'll interview employees to see if they've noticed anything." He says. "I'll come with. To help." Kevin says with a smirk, raising a fist. "I'm gonna work on translating these inscriptions that Daphne and Gwen found." Velma says. She and Daphne sharing a high five. "I'll go research cults on the net." Daphne says. "I'll help. I have experience with researching suspicious stuff." Gwen says. She and Ben sharing a smile, remembering the days of that fateful summer.

With that the girls head off to complete their tasks. Mondevarious looks at the boys, "I'm a suspect?" He asks. "Don't take it personally. It's mostly because you creep me out." Fred clarifies. Mondevarious let's out a sigh of relief, "Oh, I see. Fine." And leaves the group be. The group then split up and Ben went to go get a drink, (mystery solving is exhausting work).

Ben sat at the bar and was given a drink from an employee and N'Goo started playing the piano and it was actually quite nice. Then a young woman, around twenty, came and sat beside him. "Enjoying the island?" She asks. Ben looks at her and shrugs, "Well, it has been exciting." He responds. The woman smiles and lends her hand out, "J.K. Nice to meet ya." She says. She seemed nice and not wanting to be rude he shakes her hand. "Ben." The woman looked over to find Velma studying the Daemon Ritus. "I saw you with Mystery Inc. Not that it's any of my business but didn't they disband two years ago?" She asks.

Ben thinks about what she said, "Well, yeah. But apparently there's something happening on the island. And we think some evil cult is behind it." He answers. J.K. nods in agreement. "I'll say. People who I meant once before acted completely different when I saw them the next time. And if you don't mind, what was the gang like before breaking up?" Ben takes a moment to remember the days of Mystery Inc. when they weren't always fighting.

"Well I say this, they were quite a team. I first meant them with my cousin and grandpa five years ago. Summer vacation: I'll tell you, they were tight. Velma's the smart one, she always came up with all the answers. She could rival Gwen with her brains. Fred is the leader, he was always quick with his wit and always ready to take on anyone who thinks they can get away with it. Daphne was always beautiful, but despite being always the one to be kidnapped she never gave up."

"And Shaggy and Scooby, such goofballs. Those two are chickens but they always do what they can to help save the day and always make things lighter, they always make me laugh." Ben laughs at the times the boys got into all sorts of trouble. "Me, Gwen, and eventually Kevin, joined with them to help solve mysteries. And when they parted ways, I guess I kinda felt guilty for not saying anything before. I mean I have a watch that can transform me into a bunch of different aliens and save the world, but nothing can top friendship and family." Once he finished, he felt a weight being lifted off his shoulders. But he quickly composed himself. "Please don't tell this to anyone, okay." He says. J.K. smiles and nods her head, "Wouldn't dream of it."