Chapter Fourteen: Famille familier.

A/N: Please vote or comment and show your support?

Chapter Fourteen: Famille familier.

“Just calm down, She’s fine! She has been through enough! The last thing she needs is a hot-headed idiot like you making a scene.”

Although I couldn’t be certain, from what hushed snippets I did hear, I was almost certain that they were talking about me. Listening intently I felt a little guilty about eaves-dropping, but as I was about to make my appearance Lueraunt spoke again, and I receded back into the shadows of the hallway.

“This, This is exactly why you shouldn’t be alpha. Now for the last time- she is safe here. If you think her mother alone could protect her you are a fool.”  He spat, anger audible in his voice. My heart clenching at the mentioning of my mother, I couldn’t help but wonder if she was alright, and if she knew that I was safe…

“Your brother is right son, now please let’s just have one quiet meal. We will have your room ready. It has been stressful so let’s just take it one step at a time” My fathers’ voice of reason seemed to set in as the third male fell silent for a few moments.

Fine. But only for now. This isn’t over Lowell.” The unknown voice hissed, before stomping out of the room.

The hallway a dark sanctum out of sight, I didn’t want to risk getting caught so I kept well hidden as he stormed passed, slamming the front door behind him.

Had he come to look for me?

His voice was definitely familiar but without a face I couldn’t place it. And how did he know both my mother and my father?

I let out an exasperated sigh, as the awkward silence that hung in the air after the young man left evaporated; people gathering and chattering in the centre of the room.

Anxious about getting bombarded with just more information that made no sense, I didn’t have much of an appetite- but desperately needed to sit down.

My legs feeling weaker and more numb beneath me by the second, I hobbled out of the darkness and into the Cathedral like lounge, that looked like it could have homed at least two families.

Trying to sneak into and hopefully ‘blend’ with the crowd- I was met with an enthusiastic introduction from Lueraunt, which had a very beautiful, tall slender woman draped over him.

“Sis!” Lueraunt exclaimed, scooping me up in a big bear hug as I entered the room.

“Can’t… breathe…” I choked exasperated as he snuggled up to me, his girlfriend practically foaming at the mouth at the display.

Oh… Sorry.” He chuckled, as he set me down.

Awkwardly dusting myself, my butt made contact with something cushiony as Edna shoved a dining chair underneath me- giving me a scornful look.

“Busted…” Lueraunt chuckled, as my father and the woman with the caramel locks approached, hand in hand.

Staring me down as they got closer, she flipped her curls impatiently- looking at my father expectantly, who was visibly lost for words.

“Mila… This is Elvira.”

“My wife…” he choked.

Not knowing what to say I gave her a respectful but nonetheless awkward nod. Judging by my fathers reaction, I presumed she was the reason he abandoned out family, the reason my mother could never love again. Trying to hold back the tears, I swallowed hard trying to redirect my thoughts by listening to some of the other conversations that was going on around me. I wasn’t sure what exactly caused the ‘episode’ of rage I had, but I didn’t want to repeat it- especially with a room full of people.