[ 25 ]

In the abyss of the deep, dark Black Lake where it was like a pandemonium, above it was still and peaceful, like a completely different world. The dull monotonous world beneath was drowned out of the vibrant Hogwarts and its students above. Aion Luceras was leaning against the railings with Aine beside him, they have been flooded with their thoughts in their heads. He peeked at her from the corner of his eye, her side profile was so similar to the person he knew, the resemblance was uncanny but yet it was their eyes that was different. He wondered about her words, After all this time, after all those years that passed with her absence, I guess everything just feels empty, there is no emotions or feelings left. Just nothingness. 

Emptiness, huh?

He clenches his jaw, just how long does he have to put up with this act? The itching urge to spill everything out was tough to keep it in, even though like her, he tried so desperately to lock it all up; the chains and the shackles were trembling, forcing themselves apart to escape. But not now, a little longer, just hold on a little longer. He told himself.

Yet he was curious, he wanted to see what happened if he had defied his promise because truthfully, he was just tired from going on without letting her know what happen. She deserves to know, she needs to know... Aion bit down his lips, his fringe falling in his eyes as he tried to contain it once more, perhaps after all of this... He can finally be brave enough to tell her the truth.

"Aion?"

The boy returned to reality with her voice, he flinches before turning slowly to her, "Are you alright? You have a scary face on you," Aine said to him, her gaze full of concern.

He forces a smile and his hand gently patted down on her black locks, "It's nothing. I'm fine!" he reassures her with another lie, not wanting to make her worry. Awkward, he quickly faced ahead, unable to meet her face at the moment, not when his mind is jumbled with all those thoughts.

Aine stares at him, exhaling a heavy sigh through her nose. Unknowingly, she was boring into his mind from his green eyes, not knowing that she was attempting to read his thoughts but she couldn't. It was as if there was this barrier protecting him from her invading and she wasn't sure how to control it. She ignored his side glances to her, clearly feeling a little uncomfortable with her intense stares. However, her focus on him was torn as soon as he jolted up, his eyes widening as he ran to the girl who swam to the surface, "FLEUR!" he shouted.

Ginny exchanged looks with Aine who approached the Beauxbaton's champion, her face paler than ever was filled with distress and terror as her friends layered towels over her to keep her trembling body warm. "Est-ce que ça va? Que s'est-il passé?" Aion asks, wrapping another towel over her drenched hair, alarmed with his best friend who was shrieking, "Gabrielle!" 

"Calme toi mon cher!" He urged, grabbing on her shoulders as he strokes Fleur's tear-stained face, her words fumbling through her quivering lips as she dart from Aion to Madame Maxime, distraught. 

"I think she said her sister is still down there. She was attacked by the Grindylows and couldn't save her sister." Dean told the girls, Ginny cocked her head, "You understand French?" she asks and he shrugged, "A little. I just pick up certain words."

"Wow, Dean. Amazing," Aine complimented, impressed and a little surprised but it didn't last long when she watched Aion slowly peeling his outerwear, his face determined and yet full of panic as he prepares to dive into the water. She gasped, running towards him before he could jump in, but Fleur held him back, she screamed in his face, "Et si toi aussi tu te fais attaquer?!" Fear plastered all over her face as she shook her head, pleading him not to leave her.

Aine squeezes Ginny's hand, "They need to get her out of there," feeling the surging anxiety through her body as she soon started shaking from it. She didn't like it at all, watching both Fleur and Aion's faces growing whiter as their hair as they grew worried of little Gabrielle.