Tuesday

"The Captain is dead." Everyone sat in the meeting room, though now I was at the head of the table instead of the Captain. 

       "Oh, god..." William looked sick.

       "But...how?" Angela looked shocked for once. Seeing emotion from her was almost unnerving, and set in how real this situation was.

       "Someone stabbed him with a machete."

       "Where is it?" Adam asked.

        "William has it. But anyway, Barry must have gone outside to escape his attacker...but the killer was very determined."

        "This isn't happening."  William choked.

       "W-Who could have done this?" Adam looked at me. I swallowed a Xanax, two 1mg pills. 

       "It could have been anyone!" William said, red in the face. "Angela was the last person to see him!"

       "I walked with him to the elevator after we examined the locker, William! The last I saw, he was heading to his quarters!" Angela screamed at William. It really seemed like this was the one situation she wasn't prepared for.

       "Oh yeah? We've only got your word for that!" William refuted.

       "Please!" I yelled at them. "We mustn't stoop to baseless accusations! I know that none of us are capable of this evil, alright? Anyway, none of us had any reason to kill Barry."

       "But there's no one else on this ship," Serena said, confused. "It had to have been one of us."

       Admittedly, I was nervous to bring it up, but I knew I had to. "There's another thing...the locker is open."

       "How is that relevant at all, Doctor?" Angela's face had begun to twist,  almost distorted. She was scared and angry, and she couldn't be logical like this. She had lost her grip, and it wasn't good.

       "You think the killer was hiding in there?" William asked in disbelief. "Oh please, Doctor."

       "Look, I know this is gonna sound stupid. But I have a horrible feeling that something was in that box. Something that got out."

       "That does sound stupid," Adam grovelled.

       "Your argument is unscientific." Angela gritted, sweating. She swallowed hard. "But for now, if only for morale, I suggest that we proceed on the assumption that we are all innocent."

       "What?! There could be a murderer among us right now, and we're supposed to ignore that?!"

       "Look, William, until we get back in touch with High Command and start a thorough investigation-"

       "Oh, I've heard enough!" William yelled, stomping to the door.

       "Where are you going?!" I yelled after him.

       "I'm going to my quarters! And I don't wanna be disturbed!!" And William stomped off.

       "He knows something. I'm sure of it." Adam mumbled.

       "Adam, please, save it." I sighed, agitated.

       "What are your orders, Commander?" Serena asked Angela. Evidently, she was the only one here keeping her calm.

       "Get the communicators back online."

       "Well, someone will have to move...Barry...off the radio masts. And it sure as hell isn't gonna be me!" Adam protested.