7 | From The Inside

______________

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

"We would never break the chain

"We would never break the chain."

______________

2259
__________

Y/N walked into the sickbay to see Khan sitting on a biobed, guards with weapons drawn. She moved to stand in front of him, Kirk on her heel.

"Tell me everything you know about that ship," Kirk looked at the man.

"Dreadnought class." Khan began, "two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry, modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels-"

"It's built solely for combat," Y/N huffed.

"I will do everything I can to make you answer for what you did..." Kirk tried to hold back as Y/N looked over at him with a warning glare. "But right now, I need your help."

"In exchange for what?"

"You said you'd do anything for your crew. I can guarantee their safety."

"Captain," Khan stared back at Kirk, "you can't even guarantee the safety of your own crew."

Kirk stared at Khan but broke it when he looked at the Chief of Medical, "Bones, what are you doing with the two tribble's?"

Bones sat at a desk injecting two tribble's with a bunch of needles, "the tribble's are dead." He said in his usual grumpy yet determined voice, "I'm in injecting Khan's platelets into the diseased tissue of the necrotic host, and PV's into the other. Khan's cells regenerate like nothing I've ever seen before," he coughed, "I've never seen PV's results on a test like this, but if I had to guess, she would be even faster based on her past wounds, and how quickly they've healed."

Y/N shrugged, "sounds like fun," she then looked back at the two men, "another staring contest?"

"Are you coming with me or not?" Kirk asked Khan as he stared back at him, the two ignoring the sassy woman.

Khan agreed, and the three walked through the corridors of the Enterprise with four security officers as they spoke to Scotty.

"You're going to do what?!"

"We're coming over there. Sulu's maneuvering the Enterprise into position as we speak.

"To this ship? How?"

Scotty was interrupted by Khan, "there's a cargo door, hangar 7, access port 101A. You need to find the manual override to open that airlock."

"Are you crazy?" Scotty asked, then the line went quiet, "whoever you are."