17. free

Nini smiled as she finally pulled into the driveway of her home. She couldn't wait to collapse onto her own comfortable bed, and just lay there without a care in the world.

She didn't have her rivalry with Ricky holding her down anymore and she could breathe.

That smile turned onto a frown when she saw Kourtney's car parked in the driveway too. She knew that she'd ask her questions about where she had been, and if she told her that she stayed at Ricky's, she knew Kourtney would make assumptions.

Assumptions were the last thing she needed to hear.

Nini opened the door and tip goes into the house hoping not to tip Kourtney off. She thought maybe she was sleep or something.

Just as Nini was about to go up the stairs...

"Stop" Kourtneys voice hit rang through Nini's ears. Hearing this she stopped in her tracks. "Where were you?"

"What do you mean where was I?" Nini chuckled nervously. She was trying to stall so that she could makeup an answer.

"Nina—" Kourtney said in a warning tone.

"Okay mom" Nini rolled her eye playfully "if you must know I was at a friends"

"What friend?"

"I-"

"And before you say Ashlyn, I already called her and I know you weren't with her."

"Just a friend! Now I gotta go to my room. Love you" Nini rushed out, and went up to her room before Kourtney had a chance to offer a rebuttal.

Nini looked at her bed in her room and the only thing she wanted to do was cuddle with her stuffed animals that everyone says she should've gotten rid of by the age of twenty two.

She looked down at her clothes, and debated whether she wanted to take them off and change before hopping into bed.

She was wearing Ricky's hoodie, and a pair of his sweats. His clothes felt like she was receiving a warm hug, and they were comfortable.

Not wanting to let that feeling go, Nini hopped into her bed and hugged the stuffed animals that sat there.

A smile broke out on her face as the comfort on her own bed surrounded her body. Ricky's guest room was comfortable, but there's nothing like the comfort of your own bed.

Not even 10 minutes later she heard her phone ring.

Nini groaned and grabbed her phone to look at the contact.

Jen.

Nothing has ever came from Jen calling Nini when she was in bed so Nini decided to ignore the call.

She wanted to get 30 minutes without having to worry about anything. She just wanted to be for 30 minutes.

She silenced her phone, and closed her eyes eventually drifting to sleep.

"I've been calling you for an hour! I thought you were dead or something!" Jen's voice boomed through the room waking Nini up.

"At least then I'd get more sleep" Nini mumbled "my bad Jen. My phone was on silent and I didn't hear your calls" she half lied

"You're a popstar Nini! You can't just silence your phone like that. You know this, you're not new to the job anymore"

"I'm sorry okay!? What did you want?"

"We need you at OneshotR media immediately. We need to talk about the next steps for you and Ricky"

"And you guys couldn't schedule a meeting for that because..."

"Nini"

"I'm serious Jen. It's not like the fans are starting to not believe that me and Ricky are a couple. We've been doing everyone that you and Benjamin have asked us to. All I ask is for you two to schedule the meetings instead of interrupting my naps."

"Well maybe we'll consider that for next time, but as of right now Ricky and Benjamin are on their way to OneshotR media so we need you out of the bed and on the way there."

"I'm actually gonna go through with jumping off something high one day" Nini mumbled before dragging myself out of the bed.

"Who's clothes are those? They look really big on you."

"They're mine.(now). I like wearing oversized hoodies and things like that. I just ordered these slightly too big" Nini said the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh— then let's get going" Jen said.

The two went into their separate cars and made their way to OneshotR media. For the first time ever Benjamin and Ricky beat them there.

Nini took the seat right next to Ricky, and Benjamin and Jen immediately raised their eyebrows that.

"Are you two sure you can sit next to each other without killing each other" Benjamin spoke up.

"We'll just have to see won't me?" Ricky said.

It was definitely going to take some getting used to on everybody's part including Ricky and Nini's. They spent so long hating each other that they forgot what it was like to not.

"Okay then..." Benjamin said skeptically "how has songwriting been going?"

"Pretty good. We should have a draft done soon. Right Ricky?" Nini said and Ricky nodded.

"Did you just call him Ricky?" Jen said with shock evident in her tone. "You always call him Bowen. Like always"

"Maybe that'll change then"

"Okay what's going on here? You guys are acting so weird. It's...peaceful" Benjamin said and both Ricky and Nini started laughing.

"Isn't this what you guys wanted? For us to get along?" Nini asked

"I mean if you guys are just going to complain we could always go back to arg—"

"No!" Both the managers exclaimed at the same time.

"Please don't , it's just kind of unusual" Jen stated

"And random" Benjamin added. "Did something happen that we should know about?"

Both Nini and Ricky's minds wondered back to when they nearly kissed the night before. Neither of them had spoken about it since it happened, and just went on as if it didn't happen.

They both wondered if the other believed that it would've been a huge mistake.

Nini decided she'd talk to him about it after the meeting. She couldn't shake the thought after it entered her mind, and she didn't intend for it to stay that way.

"Nope, nothing at all" Ricky answered with a grin

A/N

Hello to all my beautiful readers except Hannah! I appreciate each and every one of you so much and I hope you know that!

I'm proud that all of you were created with the courage to unlearn all of their hatred and I hope that you're happier today because I love you and I hope that ur okay.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it was kind of a filler.

Question time!

Q: Favorite color?

A: I absolutely love light purple 💜