Days after I found out I love a wizard and defeated his evil aunt.

My head hurt and my back was sore. I tried to move but it hurt to much. I took a sharp breath.

"I think she's waking up." A voice said.

"Gabriella?" A different voice said. One I knew and loved.

"Oliver." I tried to say. It came out muffled and slow.

"Yeah, Love, it's me." He said. I felt his hand brushing my hair off my forehead.

"Where am I?" I asked. My voice was still muffled.

"Hospital." He said.

"What?" I tried to yell, it came out slow. "Why?"

"Because you hit your head and back on a rock. Then passed out and fell in the water." Sissy said. I opened my eyes and saw her sitting in the chair by my bed.

"Hey." I said. She smiled and waved. I looked up at Oliver. I tried to move again. I moaned and fell back again.

"Stop trying to move." He said. "I'll call the nurse."

"No." I said grabbing his arm. He chuckled.

"Okay." He said. He brushed my cheek with his fingertips. "How do you feel?"

"Sore." I said.

"You really should let me call the nurse." He said.

"I don't want to go back to sleep." I said. "Is Hillary here?"

"Yeah. Hillary, Tyler, Matt, and June. Although June doesn't understand what's going on." Oliver said. I smiled.

"What did you tell them happened?" I asked.

"After school you came over to check on your car. They like Sissy, so we said that you went upstairs to talk to her and fell down the stairs." He explained.

"I can work with that." I said. My voice was still muffled and I felt groggy. "I hate feeling like this."

"Then let me call the nurse." He said.

"No, not that." I said. "I hate feeling tired and groggy. How long was I asleep?"

"Two days." Sissy said.

"What?" I said. I was becoming more alert.

"Two days." Oliver said. "Calm down. You went to school Monday and Tuesday. Than Reachel called the school using Hillary's voice and said you were sick."

"Oh." I said relaxing. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, no one got hurt and Scarlet has been sent to the Council." Sissy said.

"The Council?" I asked.

"A group of the oldest wizards and witchs. They make the rules and the punishments." Oliver said.

"Oliver, they're coming." Sissy said. He kissed my head and went to another chair in the room. He closed his eyes and breathed slowly. A few seconds later Hillary, Tyler, and Matt came in. "Hey you're back. She just woke up." Sissy greeted.

"Oh, thank goodness." Hillary said. She sat on the side of my bed. "How do you feel?"

"Sore." I said.

Tyler smiled. "Hey Kid."

"Hey." I said. Tyler sat on the other side of my bed a little closer to me.

"Listen Kid, I'm sorry." He said. "I was quick to judge. I should have trusted you."

"I know." I said jokingly. "I forgive you."

"Hill?" Matt said. He was standing at the end of the bed. He pointed with his head to the door. A nurse was standing in the door way.

"Time for her medicine." The nurse said.

"Will it make me sleep?" I asked quickly.

"No, you might feel tired but you shouldn't sleep unless you want to." She said. She stuck a needle into the IV that was in my arm. "But I do need to ask a few more questions." She said to Hillary and Tyler. They stood up and walked out. Matt was still at the end of the bed.

"Why so quiet?" I said.

"I know you weren't at Autum's house." He said. Oliver's eyes fluttered for a second then were still.

"How?" I asked.

"I saw you sneaking out with Oliver." He said.

"Why didn't you tell?" I asked.

"I'm not a tattle tell." He said. I smiled at him.

Sissy shooed him from the room. Oliver stood back up and was by my bed.

"Why didn't he tell?" I asked.

"He knows you well enough that he knows it was for good reason and that you didn't do anything you might regret." Oliver said.

"I knew I loved that kid." I said. Oliver and Sissy smiled. Sissy went to talk to Hillary.

"I really like her." She said.

"This is so strange." Oliver said.

"What?" I said, my eyebrows together.

"Ever since you hit your head, I haven't been able to tell what you're thinking." He said. "Dad said that it might be because you were out and that when you woke up I might be able to again. But I can't." He couldn't stop thinking about it.

"What's that mean?" I said.

"We don't know yet." He said. "Don't worry." He said brushing my hair back again.

"What happened to the necklace?" I asked.

"The necklace broke when you fell. They're somewhere in the water near Santa Cruz." He said.

"Why did Scarlet call me a mortal and why did she say she was saving you from a life of misery?" I was a little hurt by that.

"Most wizards think that if a wizard gets involved with a mortal then they are mixing wizard blood with mortal blood and that doing that makes the blood dirty." He said. "And calling a mortal a mortal instead of their name is one of the biggest insults a wizard can give a mortal."

"Oh."

"Hey." He put his hand under my chin and made me look up. "You could never make my life miserable. You make my life better. I love you."

"I love you too." I said.

  That is the end of the first book.  Thanks so much for reading!  The next book will be up soon.  Please tell me if you liked this one or not.