Chapter 7 - Happy Birthday, Kurapika!

*WARNING* This chapter contains a fluffy fluff scene! If you're sensitive to such scene, I encourage you to skip or just leave a like on this chapter :)

"Kurapika!"

Did someone just call me?

"Kurapika!"

This voice... Sounds familiar to me.

"Kurapika!"

It keeps getting louder and closer.

"Kurapika!"

Could it be... Mother?

"Kurapika,"

I snapped my eyes open. The sound of birds chirping accompanied the newly risen sunlight that penetrated my curtains. The smell of daisies reminds me of... Home. I pushed aside the white blankets and sat up curiously. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms when my door suddenly opened and revealed a short blonde hair with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning my baby girl! How was your sleep? Did you dream of something great or maybe, someone? Oh! I can't even imagine my baby girl will get a boyfriend," she said while approaching me and then sat on the side of my bed.

Okay, this is getting weirder. How did I get here? Didn't I go to Central four months ago? Did someone send me here? Or did I teleport here or what? A lot of questions kept spinning in my mind but then I felt something warm covering my body. The scent which I will never forget for the rest of my life. I wrapped my hand around her body and buried my face into her shoulder.

She ruffled my hair softly and hummed our clan's morning prayer. I joined and after we finished, she kissed my forehead.

"Go take a bath and change your clothes, sweetie. Your breakfast is getting cooler. I'll wait for you downstairs," she said and then walked out of my room.

I threw my body backwards and tried to solve this puzzling reality. Knock! Knock! Knock! The sudden knocks almost made me jump. I got up and walked towards the door. Before I could reach the doorknob, the door was opened from the outside and revealed a familiar debonair man, the Colonel of Central. I was surprised and confused so I asked him about the purpose of his coming here but I felt something uneasy on my chest.

I bowed my head and saw something stabbed inside me. I slowly raised my head following the hand of the perpetrator and it ended on the face of my respected one. Everything around us collapsed. My room, my house, everything. Our surroundings changed into endless darkness. No, this can't be happening.

Blood slowly became visible and dripped out from my wound but I didn't feel any pain so why were tears rolling down my cheeks? Time seemed frozen and all my trust was shattered into pieces to see him doing this. I looked into his eyes. His pupils were empty. I bowed my head. Why? I asked myself. Did I do something wrong? What did I do until I had to be done like this? Or did you doubt me? Did you do this on purpose or was someone controlling you? Or...

"Do you hate me?" he asked.

I raised my head. Tears flowed down his cheeks with a forced smile. His pupils brightened up so he most probably came back to his senses. I froze. Didn't know what to say. Then, he took my hand and placed a knife he took from his pocket on my palm.

"Stab me too, Lieutenant. I don't want you to be the only one suffering. If you die, I'll die too. We've promised, remember?" he said while wrapping his arms around me with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"No, I-I can't do this. Not to you, sir. I, I..."

He held both of my hands together and slowly stabbed the knife through his chest. I gasped. He then placed his right hand behind my head and leaned closer until our foreheads touched.