⁰²

ׂׂૢ   ___  ׂׂૢ

ׂׂૢ ___  ׂׂૢ

·˚ ༘₊· ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞ ➳ DURING THE CAR RIDE, THE ONLY THING YOUR MOM PLAYED WAS GOSPEL. whether it was kirk franklin or mandisa didn't matter. if it was soul music, she would play it. but right now, she was playing one you've heard many, MANY times before. praise him in advance, by marvin sapp.

she wouldn't stop, and it didn't help that the lyrics were already engraved into your brain.

"momma." you tapped her shoulder lightly so she wouldn't be distracted while driving and swerve off the road, "can i change the radio? we've heard this song 3 times already in the past 20 minutes."

your mom was too busy nodding her head to the beat, that she didn't feel you touching her. so you gave her a slightly harder tap, which got her attention.

"now, y/n. you know better than to bother me while i'm driving. what is it?" your mom said as she gripped the steering wheel.

you repeated your question, which you were sure she heard this time, but when she didn't answer you and put her focus on the road once more, you sighed and slouched in your seat.

"don't give me attitude. i never said no."

when you heard that, your eyes lit up. "so can i?"

"go on ahead. but don't play none of that rap or whatever music you listen to nowadays."

"but momma," you said while scrolling through your playlist on your phone; you were still deciding on what song to choose, "you like rap music. and r&b. and rock. and indie. and jazz. and contemporary. and—"

"child, i know what i like!" your mom sighed and grumbled lowly. "it's just, i can't get my groove on while driving."

throwing your to the side a little, you chuckled. "momma, no one says 'groove on' anymore."

as you stepped into the airport, and loaded your luggage, you were soon tackled by your two best friends.

"oh, we thought you'd never make it!" charllote exclaimed as she hopped onto your back.

"i didn't." akilah stated, pulling said girl off, "i knew you'd make it. late? sure, but you wouldn't miss it completely."

"haha, thanks for the unfaltering faith aki..." you laughed sarcastically.

you then watched as your mom hugged her two best friends and they laughed, talking about everything and anything that had happened in the prior hours.