Part 1

A small child's footsteps echoed tumultuously in a cave.

It had only been a few weeks since she had first entered, in a testament to receive her clan's birthright. Some kids never returned, but she had successfully carried out her training with the white Snake Sage.

Now, she was running her way back. She had to have answers.

It all started from the moment her trials began. Snake-sensei told her that she was different. The great sage had said that she would 'not be limited by her bloodline' and that 'she had no maximum to what she could reach'. Her rage, mild compared to her clan, would not consume her.

But only if she was careful.

The rest of her clan couldn't begin to fathom the meaning of the word 'careful'.

So, several weeks before she should have finished her trials, She left the cave early. It was long before any of her peers- which by now, should have come back, but none had.

It was then, when all of her peers were pronounced dead, the first time in a Millennia, that the snake had left the cave and declared Reina a sage at 8 years old.

Her mother had cried out at the news, but when she told her brother about it he hadn't believed her, and lectured her over the 'delicacies of Senjutsu'. He couldn't possibly believe that his baby sister had gained control of their clans kekkei genkai before him.

It only got worse.

Jugo had grown extremely violent in the weeks following her announcement. He had always had the worst effects from their kekkei genkai, so naturally, just as her Sensei had predicted, Reina would be the balance to his state. While he was brash and bold, Reina was cold and reserved. Maybe it was her nature that balanced out her bloodline, but no one could be sure.

Well, at least now they wouldn't.

As the days went on, and her parents tried to calm his rage, Reina was kept further and further from her brother.

The yin to his yang.

With the separation, Her mother and father would also break into their own rage at times, almost as a result of being around her older brother and his unchecked balance.

The madness seemed to spread on to the whole village, until She had inevitably taken shelter in the deepest part of the caves. Her people knew them well, but several paths were not traveled, as they were only meant for the young of Ryuuchi to enter.

That's how she had gotten to where she is now.

Searching desperately for her teacher- for a way to stop the madness- she ran deeper and deeper, until her feet were raw. The trek from her clan's place in the caves to The white Snake Sage was long. It was the first trial young members of Ryuuchi had to endure, but luckily, She had a shortcut.

Feeling the natural energy around her, she pulled, and immediately, she felt her eyes change to black. The Snake had described this as her 'sage mode', something that would increase her natural ability, and with guidance from her clan- even more powers.

Feeling out with her enhanced senses, she felt the large amount of chakra in the tunnel to her left and followed. Running faster, she got closer and closer, until she saw her sensei.

As soon as Reina made eye contact with the large albino serpent, 2 medium sized scrolls appeared in front of her, and she felt a voice echo in her head.

"Reina, you must leave the cave and travel west."

What would become of her Her Clan?

"Your brother and others have slaughtered everyone in the village, the madness of your blood has brought the end of the Ryuuchi clan."