Chapter 2 - Goodbye/Hello

After taking all the random pieces of clothing i could find that would fit the society in Earth, i laughed at the jumble. It looked like what Father Daniels would describe as "vintage". Old clothes that looked unreal but kinda cool. I even had a shirt that said Ke$ha on it, apparantly she was the crazy pop singer, guess who's shirt it was?

He would never admit it, but Ke$ha happened to be Father Daniels favourite singer in his rebelious teenage years.

This one year at Earth would be...interesting. I mean for the past 22 years the only colour's i saw was: black,silver and white. The black depths of space, the silver dusty rocks of my home the Moon and white the uniform we all wore. Finally something more bright.

Hmm, but still i got the wierd anxious feeling in my stomach. What if my discoveries in the United States were discoveries that hurt me emotionally? I had trained to be a cold stone Assassin, not a girl looking for a family. Not a person with actual feelings.

I was...scared.

After picking up my navy bag, i saw Father Daniels come into my square grey box shaped room. He instantly saw the doubt in my face. 

"Whats wrong, my little Ava?" he called me by the nickname he had given to me when he sang me Italian lullabys as a toddler.

I felt the emotions build up in me and i did something unexpected. I hugged Father Daniel.

He looked surprised but happy-surprised.

"Hmm, something definintely must be wrong...you haven't hugged me like that since you were....uhh...let me think...atleast 10 years old" he smiled at me warmly.

I was so pleased in that moment that he adopted me, not a monotanous Moon Assasin. You see, after retiring from his Assassin duties in Italy, Father Daniels became a...a sort of librarian but teacher aswell for the academy here on the Moon. He lost all the hard and stone qualities a normal Assassin had and became a kind man who saw completely as my true Father.

He stared at me until i opened up about my worries.

"Well, i don't...i don't know...if.....What if i don't find what i'm looking for? What if i get more pain than i wanted to achieve?" i asked him with face full of depressing hope.

He smiled, "Oh child, its simple. You do you're complete best in finding what you truly are looking for, and if you find it or not, just have some fun. You're 22, not 44!" he chuckled with me, "Plus, sometimes pain makes you a stronger person, you must see the pain as not a complete deterrant to life. Sometime it will help you grow. Just take things slowly at first. But remember.." after a moment i felt his eyes sadden, "if you fall in love with Earth, don't come back to this dark rock. I don't want you to waste anymore days here. You've surpassed everyone's expectations. Your brilliant!" 

I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"I would never leave you Father!" i said to him and hugged him one last time.

"Its time for you to go to the shuttle area, get you're suit on and come here" he kissed me on my forehead and before i could clearly see any water works from him, he told me he had to get to the Study Room for his first lesson with the new students. 

I waved goodbye to him and saw a glinting sparkle at his eye. Oh god, i would miss him.

Quickly wiping up my face, i went to the closest reflective surface in our home. Looking in the mirror, i saw a woman but even i knew inside i was truly girl. A young naive girl.

My dark hair was now a mix of black and brown. I looked wierdly European. I think i liked it.

My big brown eyes were slightly red from tears but still they felt bigger than ever.

My nose, ears and lips showed me a person i never thought i would be.

I had grown up, not completely but i had grown.

I thought, what did my mother look like? Hmm, that got me thinking..

Was she even alive? That felt like a brake on my journey to Earth, but i remembered what Father Daniels had told me.

There was no room for doubt.

It was time to go. I closed my silver home door and left through the maze of the Moon Assassin's Apartments, when i first arrived here i got lost about twice every week. Now i knew it like the back of my hand.

Putting on my large moon suit, i left the apartment building and felt anti-gravity work on me. I felt like a little girl. Hah.

Walking to my shuttle, i saw my combat teacher Mr Markavos look at me with....a smile. This was a shock, because for the years i had been training with him, he had disliked me extremely. Well the weather must be changing.

"Come on Gilbert, time to get your snail butt back to that green-blue ball!" he ordered me.

I said to him a quick good bye and walked up the steps to my 2 person shuttle, although only one person would be in it for this trip.

But before i got to the top of the ladder, he ordered  me to "Stop Gilbert! Your not the only one who got granted a gap year" he smirked the last bit. Basterd.

But who the hell was coming with me?

All i saw was a suit coming from the apartment bulding.

"Come on Kirtis!" Mr Markavos said the dreaded name of the boy who had been my nemisis for the entire time i had been learning to become a Moon Assassin.

My jaw dropped as i saw his smug face come up and climb up to where i was in the shuttle.

This was just great.

I was gonna spend 10 hours with the one person i could honestly say i hate. With pleasure.

"Hi there Ava" he said to me as he closed the shuttle door. 

I pretended to not notice him and start configuring the journey on the pristine space computar.

After quickly rising up the oxygen levels, i took off my suffocating Moon suit. Flinging it to the side, i watched John Kirtis stare at me. I turned to him and he said to me flirtatiously,

"Well isn't someone looking quite sexy today?" he winked at me.

Did he just wink at me? 

Gosh, i was in a paralell universe. My nemisis had probably just hit puberty and was ready to tap anything that had a pulse. Lucky me!