story fragment // My Twist on Fate

This was the very first story I posted on Wattpad. Ahh, the memories. Oh! And this is probably riddled/littered with errors...so yeah. Oh! And my other stories are branched off this ONE story. It's like the grandma!

My Twist on Fate | Hate at First Sight

I gazed out the tiny window of the airplane. The pavement flashed before me, making me nauseous. I rubbed my temples and looked to the passenger sitting beside me. He was a young boy, probably around the age of eight. He had light brown hair and bright green eyes. He was a cute little fella, aside from the fact that he had his finger up his nose.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He glanced at me shyly before stating, "My mommy told me not to talk to strangers."

"Oh, well I'm Reagan. What's your name?"

"Bentley," he replied hesitantly.

"So Bentley, where are you headed?"

"Home."

"You live in New York?"

He nodded his head before turning to talk to the little boy next to him. Hmm, they were twins. How had I not seen this before? And most importantly, where were their parents? Were they traveling alone? I shook the boogery boy and his twin from my thoughts and started stuffing random crap into my duffel bag.

I was bouncing with anticipation. I couldn't wait to see my sister after months. Sure, we skyped and texted, but it just wasn't the same as seeing her in person. We were joined at the hip, that is, until she graduated. Talia is two years older than me; she's nineteen. I felt empty when she left to go to college and I was still stuck in high school.

The plane steadily came to a stop and a stewardess announced that we were able to leave. I slid my way past the twins and slung my purse around my body and grabbed my suitcase from the overhead bin and got out of there as fast as I could.

I scanned the airport for my sister. "Talia!" I squealed, running into my sister's open arms.

"Hey Rae! I've missed you so much!"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Who wouldn't miss me?"

She laughed and replied, "Okay, you got me there. Now that you're here, we can have special sister bonding time! And finally I don't have to watch chick flicks alone now!"

I grinned. She was so bubbly, it's like it was contagious. 'I can't wait."

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "I can't believe I forgot. I need to introduce you to someone! Jayden, come here!"

A guy appeared by her side. He had curly brown hair with a hint of gold. "Jayden this is my sister, Reagan. Reagan this is my boyfriend, Jayden," Talia chirped.

"Hi," he said, offering his hand.

I firmly shook it; was there any other way to shack hands? I raised an eyebrow. "So you're the famous Jayden. Talia has told me so much about you. Actually all she talks about is 'Jayden this', 'Jayden that'".

He turned to Talia and gave her a knowing look. She blushed and immediately

demanded, "I do not! Reagan, admit that isn't true!"

"It's alright, babe. I know I'm irresistible."

She rolled her honey eyes. "You're just like Reagan, so arrogant."

I playfully pushed her and Jayden immediately smacked my hand away, causing me to recoil. There was a red hand mark imprinted on my skin. It stung with pain. I gently rubbed my arm and glared at him. "What the hell was that for?"