Chapter 3

5. Grabby boy

We go to Josh's house after school. Tyler keeps trying to get a hold of my hand while driving, and I keep elbowing his hand away from me.
"Dude, we're not around anyone. Calm down, grabby."
Tyler side eyes me. Hard.
"I just want to practice."
I grin. "Why, never held another girl's hand? That's precious."
"Your face is precious--Wait, fuck. No."
I laugh really fucking hard.

6. Hot damn

When we get to Josh's, I refuse to hold his hand. He tells me I'm the worst girlfriend in the universe, and I remind him I'm a fake girlfriend.
"Yeah, pretty sure you'd still be shit if you were a real one," he says under his breath. I don't disagree, so I just pull open Josh's back door and Josh is already in there with his boyfriend, Chris.
It looks like they're making soup, so I hop myself up onto Josh's kitchen island, and make myself comfortable.

In the next minute, three things happen.
Josh's boyfriend Chris turns to me and says hello. (I say hey, man, what's up. He looks disgruntled. He's never liked me. Probably because I always address him as Man.)
The door opens. A boy walks in and my jaw...
Well, it hits the ground. Hot. Damn. My mind keeps saying those two words: hot damn hot damn hot DAMN. Because, well, HOT DAMN.

"Hey guys," the dude says and Tyler starts to say hey but sees my face and stops immediately. So what he says is more: "Hheee-unnfg."

The guy gives him a look like, what.

This guy. His eyes are fucking beautiful. His eyelashes are long, and dark. His facial structure? Dude. This guy... I had no words.

Literally.

"Hey," he says to me, a smile-smirk on his face.

"..."

He raises his eyebrows at me.

Josh claps me on the back and grins at the guy, and Tyler just stares at me (with this intense ass look, let me tell you) and Chris just kind of keeps making his soup because Chris never gives a shit.

"I'm Cameron," he says, eyebrows still raised, as if expecting my silence once again.

"Cassandra," I say. My voice sounds steady. Which, fuck yes.

"Nice to meet you," and he leans in a bit, and grins a small, private smile, one that shoots sparks behind my eyes and makes my heart explode.

Oh, jesus.

"Yeah," Tyler says, voice all icy and shit. "It's nice to meet you." Obviously he didn't get the memo, that was meant for me. He's staring at Cameron like he killed his dog. Which, Tyler's never even had a pet, so.

Cameron backs off of me a bit and goes to say something to Chris.

Tyler stares at me with that intense look (I would even say it was anger, but I literally could not think of a reason why he would be mad, so intense it is) and I stare back and ask him with my eyes: what, man, what.

He just shakes his head and his mouth twists unhappily. I give up trying to figure out what crawled up his goddamned ass.

I roll my eyes, and go into Josh's room, which is tiny with a mattress on wooden planks. There's plants all over and the walls are covered with band posters and movie posters. His TV is playing cartoons, so I watch.

I hear footsteps, assume it's Tyler or Josh, so I don't move.

It's Cameron.

"Hey," he says. Sits down next to me. His dark jeans look darker against Josh's white comforter.

"Hi," I say, and try to smile in a way that makes me look cute, but I probably just look dumb.

He looks at me in a way that makes me feel hot and cold all over.

"You... You're really pretty. Sorry if that's forward." He grins in a nervous way. My heart feels like its beating out of my chest.

"You are too. I mean," I slap my forehead. Shit.

He laughs and it's beautiful. Oh my God. "It's okay. I get that a lot."

"Really?" I say, with a smirk.

"Yeah. I'm just, like, gorgeous. So."

My laughter is loud enough to have Tyler strolling into Josh's room. He takes in our admittedly close proximity and my smile and Cameron's smile, and so the idiot does what he does best.

Ruins. Fucking. Everything.

"CASSANDRA IS MY GIRLFRIEND AND OUR LOVE IS UNPENETRABLE."

Oh my fucking God.

Author's note: this book is so fun to write, because my writing style in this is so chill. how do you guys like Cameron? and Tyler? Personally I'm liking chris. He's a lil shit.