Kissing Frogs (Completed)

Alright, guys. As you might know, this is an edit to my other story Crystal Clear. All I've done is take out a character, and actually finished. If you've already read the story, you might want to read it again, as you could have forgotten, or because I changed some minor details. However, it is basically the same for people who were worrying about that - I literally copied and pasted the chapters. Regarding this, I will have to take the other one down, but don't worry - this version is even better! I have upload the entire thing this time (whoo! I finished) so please enjoy! And comment as to how I did! :) Don't be a silent reader when I've provided the entireee story!

Chapter One

________

Alezna slammed open the door to the hushed room, barging inside. She looked around, hoping to catch another withering glare for her wild behavior, but had no such luck - the breakup must have been terrible today.

            Sighing, Alezna headed to the living room, where she knew the rest of the girls were huddled. It seemed as if her friends – Mysti especially – were never going to find a stable relationship; they were constantly breaking up, leaving her friends to pick up the shattered pieces Nathan had left behind.

            How could Mysti, the smart one of the four, be so intelligent in her studies, yet so stupid at the same time? It was a mystery to them all; however, Nathan had been especially cruel this time, as it was summer break, where they had all been planning their own trip to Hawaii involving him. He broke it off just in time, not wanting to leave his family, or so he said. To Alezna, he had been suspicious for months; she needed a better guy…heck, they all needed a better relationship – but how?

            Lost in her thoughts, Alezna grabbed a spoon and sat next to Kazia, slowly lowering her hand into the ice cream box, finally earning the weird glances she had longed for just a moment ago. Alezna, nicknamed Aleja, was supposed to be the crazy one in the group so sitting quietly was odd behavior for the young girl.

            She forced a smile onto her thin lips. “Which will it be – Titanic or The Notebook?”

            Mysti sniffled, shaking her curly head of hair violently. “Can we just talk today? I don’t feel up for it.” The girls grabbed her into a tight hug, once more receiving a wave of pity – they all knew what her situation was like, but there was no fast way to improve it.

            Kazia sighed dramatically. “Don’t be so upset about this! You know you deserved way better than him, honestly.”

            Mysti sobbed once more as she replied, “It was just that I thought he was special. I mean, I know we were always breaking up, but I really thought that was because he actually liked me, not because I was just-just a rebound!” Mysti broke into a loud outburst, finally catching the attention of the drifting Alezna.

            “I know what we’re gonna do!” she cried ecstatically.

            Kazia groaned, “Not one of your crazy ideas. It’s not the time!”

            “You don’t understand!” Alezna hurriedly replied, ignoring their scornful expressions. “It’s so perfect!”

            “Entertain us.” Kazia responded knowingly.

            “So all of us are single, in need of a better relationship, right? Why are we searching here? I say we stop looking for mindless flings, and go find the real deal – our soul mates!”

            “How are we going to do that?”

            “We go to London for the summer!”