Prologue

Prologue

       "Turn around," I whispered, praying he had heard me.

     "Turn the fuck around, Grayson and look at me."

     With a harsh sigh, I watched the boy who has held my heart in his palms for years turn his body around and look me in the eyes. All I could do was stare and think of how much I wanted to feel him- how much I needed to tell him- no- this isn't what I came here to do.

     With tear-filled eyes, I finally found the words I've been longing to say for the longest time.

     "You're a coward," I murmured. With another glance at his face, I was ready. I was going to let him have it.

     "You are a coward, Grayson Dimitri Foyer," I shouted. "Why did you come back? Why did you... Why did you have to meddle your way back into my life? I was doing just fine without you!"

     Upon hearing those words, Grayson snapped. He knew that was a lie- he knew with every fiberr of his being. I needed him.

     "Were you? Cameron, for as long as I've known you, I can tell when you're lying." He took a step towards me. I took a step back.

     I bit my lip out of agitation; I could taste blood. 'He's getting too close,' I thought. 'Be strong, Cam. Stand your ground.'

     "Oh really? Enlighten me," I baited. I knew I would not be able to hold on to this charade much longer. After all, it's Grayson. He could break me down with just one look.

     "Well," he took another step forward, "when you lie, you bite your lip."

     He stretched his hand over and placed his finger on my top lip, trailing it down to my chin. I closed my eyes at the contact as he took another step forward.

     "And, when you lie... Those green eyes of your blink furiously," he mumbled. His face was mere inches away from mine- I couldn't move anymore.

     "You don't have to lie, Cam. I know how much you need me, how much you want me. No matter how hard you try to get rid of me, I'll always be a constant thought in that big brain of yours. Face it, Tiger, you're mine."

     Time seemed to stop as we both watched each other under desperate eyes, standing so close in the pouring rain. He was right. He was a parasite; one that had bitten me years ago, and slowly but surely seized every inch of my body, making it his- his territory. As much as I wanted to finish screaming at him, begging him to go away and let me live a Grayson-less life, I couldn't. So, I let out the only thing my prideful little heart could muster;

     "Bite me."

  AN: I'm sorry if this has any grammatical errors! This is my first time writing a story, so I am open to all criticism. Please leave vote or comment if you think I should continue on with this story! C: Have a nice day, lovelies!