And so it starts.

"Psst!"

"So did you hear-"

"OMG. Wait till you hear-"

Xiumin walked through the hall of his high school, dreading his decision to go to school that day. Yesterday he had stood up to the school bully, but now it was starting to backfire.

"Hey Xiumin." 

It was Sehun. Every word of his just driped with hatred. 

"What do you want Sehun? Haven't you already made my life miserable enough?" Asked Xiumin, eager to get rid of this annoyance. "Oh? Whats the matter? Little baby wanna cry because of some silly rumor?" Sehun smirked. Xiumin glared at him, but kept moving, pushing past him. Sehun grabbed his wrist, forcing him to turn around. "Remember when we were friends? Why can't we go back to that, eh? Maybe I can even stop the rumor." Sehun said sarcastically. Xiumin shook him off and kept walking while mumbling under his breath. 

"That was before I found out what a huge jerk you were."

To be honest, Xiumin didn't even know what the rumor was. But he really didn't care. He'd find out soon enough anyway. He and Sehun had known each other for years and had hated each other ever since first grade. Whenever Sehun got angry, he would always take it out on Xiumin, meaning there was always some rumor or another going on. Most of the time it was pretty harmless, a silly thing everyone would forget by tomorrow, but from the looks of it, it would be a while before people forgot this one.

"Hey fatty!" A group of kids who had gathered around one of the more popular students table taunted him. "Is it true?" They then started laughing and making kissy faces at him. Xiumin obviously didn't know what they were talking about, or at least he hoped he didn't. Really, he did have a secret he didn't want anybody to find out. He may or may not have a minor case of the severe hots for somebody. And that certain somebody just happened to already have a girlfriend. 

Yeah you heard me. Girlfriend. 

That's right! Xiumin was gay. He himself had known it for a while but he had only told one person, his best friend. Although somehow it must have gotten to Sehun because that's exactly what this rumor was about. Him being gay for Luhan, the fourth most popular kid in school. It wasn't hard to like Luhan. He was cool, good at soccer, he had good grades, he was cute AND he was manly. ;)

Just then, Lay, his best friend, walked over to his desk. "Hi Xiumin." "Hey Lay." 

Lay sat down at the table next to him and started to take out his books for class. "By the way, did we have homework?" Lay asked. Xiumin deadpanned. "Lay, we ALWAYS have homework. Don't tell me you forgot!" Lay scratched his head and blushed slightly. "Yeah, well I way kinda busy or something." Lay said lamely.  "That's what you say everyday Lay." Xiumin sighed but he handed Lay his homework to copy off of anyway. Just then, Luhan walked into the room. He and Xiumin had always been on friendly terms, or friendly enough anyway. When ever they would pass each other they would nod and say hello then continue on their merry way. The moment Luhan walked in the room you could tell he hadn't heard the rumor yet. He sat down in his chair and started to unpack his stuff. One of the other student walked up to him and started chatting. They talked for a while, then the girl told him the news. He looked a little shocked but managed to keep himself pretty calm. 

After class, Xiumin and Lay headed towards the cafeteria. But in the hall outside of class, they were stopped by Luhan. 

"Hey Xiumin! Hi Lay! How are you?" He asked. "I'm good." Answered Xiumin. Lay nodded hello. "So, this'll sound a little strange, but apparently there's this rumor going around about you and me...." Here Luhan trailed off. "Hmm? Oh yeah, that." Xiumin tried to sound nonchalant about it, but really his heart was beating hard within his chest. "You shouldn't believe every thing people tell you." With this Xiumin smiled and waved at Luhan before continuing on his way to the cafeteria. As soon as his back was turned, Xiumins face began to flush a bright crimson.