Vilomahs:

For decades, Captain James Kirk and his team faced dozens of perils. One such adventure involved Spock's estranged half-brother, Sybok. Warning to get in touch with the emotional and spiritual sides of individuals, Sarek's eldest son found himself in exile; away from Ni'Var and into the galaxy with help from a bevy of travelers.

By 2287, the Sybok made it back into Spock's life in an effort to find their god, Sha-Ka-Ree. During his hijacking of the Enterprise, Sybok saugh to "help" many of the crewmen, including communications officer, Nyota Uhura.

She was on her way to her quarters, reassuring herself that all will be well. Unfortunately, Uhura was unaware of Sybok following her until she found him sitting at the table. With a gasped, she was about to reach for her phaser when an unmoved Sybok gently gestured to put down her weapon.

"Easy, dear one, easy.", he cautioned, "Be not afraid; I'm not here to harm you."

"Oh, really?", Uhura was still on guard.

"I'm serious.", said Sybok, "I've sensed great pains in your heart, Nyota. Many kinds of pain that may have been birthed by one."

"How did you know my name?"

"Sha-Ka-Ree allows me to know many things. Especially in your case; Loneliness, fear, remorse, grief...You're hurting so much for so long."

"Sir...", a weary Uhura was trying to understand, "I don't think I-"

"Please,", the vulcan mystic begged, "let me help you. Let me heal you."

The next thing Uhurha knew was she was having one of Sybok's hand places on her forehead.

"Search deep in your mind...deep in your heart."

Sensing her pangs resurfacing, tears were welling up in her big, brown eyes.

"Please...", Uhura cried, "Don't make me...I can't! I can't!"

"It's alright, Nyota.", assured Sybok, "You won't be alone in your reveries. Feel. Remember."

The background slowly turned into a comforting, black void. All Sybok and Uhura could see was a white and pink bassinet dressed in soft linen with a small, fussy infant inside.

At first, Uhura was puzzled at the presence, but as she recognized it all, she quickly took the little baby and held her in her loving arms.

"Oh...", Uhura gushed as she kissed the girl's rosy cheeks, "mtoto wa...Pendi yangu tamu..."

"A beautiful child.", said Sybok, "Is she...imaginary? A figment of your desires?"

"Not at all.", said Uhura could not stop smiling, "She's as real as the sun."

"What's her name?"

"Penda. Penda Kirsty Uhura-Scott."

"'Scott'?", Sybok felt a familiarity with that name, "You mean you and the engineer...?"

"That's the one.", chuckled Uhura, "It's a long story; so much happened during the 5-Year Mission. Especially at its end."

"I think we have enough time.", smiled Sybok.

So, Uhura went on, "It was back in 2269; were celebrating the anniversary of the ship's departure from earth. Sadly, it would be interrupted by a storm that swept some of the crew off. Scotty and I were one of them. It wasn't long until we'd found ourselves on the planet, Anteros IV where time goes much faster than in our world with our two weeks would be their two years. Anyway, the Anterians' ruler, the Matchmaker, had me and Scotty betrothed to each other. We've escaped her palace and lived in the wilderness as we've worked to contact the Enterprise. But during our stay, Scotty and I started to see how much we had in common.