Chapter 30

Avril’s POV

Prom was now coming to an end, and I had had the time of my life. Blaise and I danced together and talked. He was still cocky and he smirked more times than I can count. But that was okay, as long as I was with him.

Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran was playing. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and his arms were holding my waist. I laid my head on his shoulder and said, “Blaise?”

“Yeah?” He replied with a small smirk, swaying us more in a circle.

I smiled a small smile at that, and continued what I was going to say. “There’s something really important that you need to know, about me.” I gulped mentally, hopefully he doesn’t leave me after I tell him about my life.

Blaise pulled away from me slightly so he could look into my eyes. He looked concerned. “You don’t have a deadly disease or anything right?” His eyebrows furrowed slightly and I giggled slightly. He looked so cute like that.

“No, but it’s really important. Do you think we could, um, leave?” I asked him, blushing. Maybe he didn’t want to leave yet. Was I wrong saying that? I hoped not.

Now Blaise looked really concerned and confused. “Sure. Let’s go then.” I nodded and he grabbed my hand.

On our way to the doors, we passed the table where all of our – well, mostly my – friends were sitting. Jace jumped up and ran in front of me. “Where are you two love birds going?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I blushed and leaned in closer to her. I whispered, “I’m going to tell him.”

When I pulled back, she gripped my shoulders, giving me the ‘are-you-sure?’ look. I just nodded, keeping my face full of confidence. Jace sighed and nodded as well, pushing me along after Blaise. “Okay. See you two on Monday alright?”

Before I could answer, we were already moving again. We pushed past all of our fellow senior classmates, me saying hello to a lot of them while Blaise just kept a straight face. Once we were outside, we walked to the parking lot and in my mind, I cursed.

Blaise had brought his motorcycle instead of his car.

I gulped and felt all color drain from my face. I had stopped moving and Blaise seemed to notice. He turned around and saw the look on my face. “Come on,” He laughed, pulling me gently towards the bike, “It’s not that bad.”

I shook my head vehemently, staring at the bike. I was fine with cars, but motorcycles…I didn’t think I was ready. “No way am I ever getting on that thing.” I muttered, my eyes never leaving that deathtrap.

Blaise just chuckled and cupped my cheeks with his hands. Sparks shot through me and it felt amazing. This boy was so amazing… “Avril. Come on, I promise that nothing will happen to you. I would never let you get hurt.” He stared into my eyes while saying this, and I couldn’t help but melt at the sight of his beautiful hazel eyes.

I sighed, “Fine.”

Blaise smiled and brought me over to his bike. I hesitated getting on, but finally I decided that Blaise would protect me. I made sure to hold the skirt of my dress in one hand, to make sure that the dress didn't get ruined on the bike. I paid good money for it and I was not going to let it get wrecked right after prom.

He handed me the helmet, and after I put it on, I realized there was only one. I looked at him as he started the bike. “Blaise! You need a helmet!” I exclaimed. I then yelped because the engine revved. My arms wrapped quickly around Blaise’s waist in a death grip and I felt him chuckle.