Act Two-I realized I sound like a conspiracy theorist and had a meltdown.

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

It had taken me a little while to realise that Riptide was no longer where it usually is; in my bra.

While Chiron led a lovely tour of the grounds, I was busy trailing a bit behind him doing a frantic slap down of myself that most know as the, 'Oh God, where the hell did I put my keys/wallet/phone?' patdown.

My increasing panic stopped cold when I realised that Riptide had not, in fact, disappeared- it was now resting as a pendant around my throat. Oh, so now it wants to transform into something I can carry without the bottomless pit called a 'man's pocket.' The little necklace seemed like something I would wear; a simple, black, leather cord with a metal dagger charm that looked like it had been dipped in blood. Cool, it looks like I stan Lady Macbeth.

Being mildly distracted as I am, I startled badly when we went past the volleyball pit and a ball went flying and rolled to a stop at my feet. Looking very cool, Ophelia, jumping three feet in the air like a surprised cartoon character; bet my face looked like a startled stoat too.

I bent down to pick the volleyball up and nearly flinched again when I saw one of the campers had approached while I wasn't looking. It was a boy, maybe 14 or 15, with some bright golden hair and muscles I knew most girls my age would swoon for. He looked like he was the personification of sunshine.

He smiled at me in a way that just confirmed my previous theory; sunshine. "Thanks for stopping the ball."

Now, most girls my physical age would blush and stutter and probably get an instant crush on Señor Sunshine over here. Me? I'm a twenty-year-old woman stuck in the body of a preteen; my thoughts are swinging wildly between 'gross, I'd be a paedophile' and 'gross, boys have cooties.' So no, I don't think my love life is going to be very interesting until I turn at least 18 again.

"Of course, here." I toss back the ball with a polite smile.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the end of the interaction. "I'm Lee Fletcher, son of Apollo. You're new aren't you?"

Chiron had stopped the tour and was looking at us with interest from somewhere ahead. Please interfere, I'm an introvert with a low grasp on socialisation rules. This is not my comfort zone. At all.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Percy Jackson." Introducing myself like that never gets old.

His smile managed to get even more blinding, "Nice to meet you! Are you claimed or undetermined?"

"Unclaimed." Please stop talking to me.

"Hope you get claimed soon! I'll see you around."

Oh, thank shit. "See you!" I gave an awkward wave to his retreating back. As you can see, interacting with other people 'my age' isn't all that far up on my 'To get better at' list.

Chiron waited for me to catch up again, "It's good to see that you're already making friends."

Huh? "It was just a greeting."

He just gave me a look that I'm quite used to from everyone; one that said 'You just misread/misunderstood a normal obvious human social interaction/rule.' Alas, curse my ADHD and Autism, nearly 33 years of living and I clearly still don't understand stuff like this.