26 | This Side Of Paradise

Sunday is a lazy day for Karina.

Usually, she would just stay in bed until noon, just sleeping or browsing on the internet. Sunday is her alone time. A day all to herself, not interacting with anyone because, let's be honest, all people need that from time to time.

But she wouldn't mind sharing that lazy day with someone. She wouldn't mind talking to someone or being with someone on Sunday,

Especially if that someone is Winter Kim who greeted her with a bright smile as soon as she opened her eyes.

"Good Morning, baby." The singer said, planting a kiss on Karina's forehead. The latter smiled at the sudden act.

"Hey..." Karina greeted in a groggy voice. "You went here."

"Of course." Winter responded, laying down beside Karina. "I wouldn't waste the chance to see you."

The taller girl scooted closer and hugged her. "Hmm, good. I like you."

"I like you much more." Winter chuckled. "Do you have any plans for today?"

"I don't think I have any..." Karina mumbled, burying her face on Winter's neck. "You?"

"My friends and I will have breakfast together." The singer answered. "But I can just stay here, if you want me to."

"As much as I want to, I don't want you to get tired of seeing my face." Karina chuckled, lifting her head up to place a kiss on Winter's lips. "You go with them."

"I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing you, though." Winter mumbled while staring at Karina's face. The latter just woke up from a peaceful sleep, no makeup and all, and yet she still looks so beautiful.

Winter definitely wouldn't mind seeing this kind of face everyday.

"Sweet talker." Karina tapped Winter's face softly. "Still, I think you should go. Your friends will get mad at you if you don't."

"Alright." Winter said. A smile crept across her face when she saw Karina slowly falling into a deep slumber again.

"You still want to sleep?"

"Hmm." Karina nodded her head subtly.

"Okay." The singer mumbled as she kissed the girl's forehead. "I'll be here when you wake up."

Karina just hugged her tighter.

____

"So, you're both okay now?" Ten asked as he sipped on his coffee. Winter nodded at him as an answer.

"That's good. You can still stop that Sunghoon guy from getting your girl." Lucas said.

"Well actually, I think that Sunghoon guy is not bad at all." Mark uttered, which made Lucas turn to him.

"You're rooting for him now?!"

"No, you idiot!" The guitarist smacked the jock's head. "I just think that Sunghoon doesn't really have any intentions towards Karina other than being a friend for her. He doesn't even look like he's flirting with her."

"How can you say that?"

"I have seen enough of your antics to know what flirting is like, Wong." Mark crossed his arms.

The others laughed when Lucas didn't say anything.

"I think we should trust Karina on this." Yeji said after taking a bite of her cake. "I had doubts too. But if Winter trusts her, then we should trust her."

The singer couldn't help but to smile at what she heard.

"And this is why you're the favorite friend of Winter." Ten chuckled.