Supernova Bad

Jim and Silver came back with the lifeboat half an hour later, the two hooked the four ropes on the lifeboat before pulling it up into the ship. Jim smirked as he was pulling his side up easily, he slid over towards Silver's side giving him more weight to pull as Jim teased with a smirk on his face as he said.

"Having a little trouble there."

Silver let out a chuckle and bumped his hip into Jim's to get the boy back over on his side as he chuckled out.

"Oh get away from me."

The two laughed together as Morph flew around them, becoming an old-looking Silver with a cane. Jim laughed even more while Silver shook his head as they finally pulled the lifeboat to the secure location, Silver quickly tied it through the last hole as he told the boy with a wide smile.

"Why Jimbo if I could maneuver a skip like when I was your age, they'd be bowing in the streets if I walked by today."

Silver quickly did a bow before dramatically falling onto the seat to give Jim payback for earlier, Morph quickly morphed into Silver and bowed as well as he copied Silver.

"Bowing in the street." Morph copied before letting out a huff as he threw himself down like Silver did.

The boat shook slightly but Jim caught a hold of it as he pulled one last time and tied the lifeboat as well as he told the two.

"I don't know they weren't exactly singing my praises when I left home."

Jim then sat down as well, resting his legs on the seat. He leaned against the side of the lifeboat and frowned slightly thinking about the way he left things with his mom and everyone else he knew, he brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around it. Silently trying to protect himself from the hurtful words a couple tossed at him, or even the rude things he said and did to a couple of people.

Silver chuckled in disbelief at this and took out a handkerchief and wiped his face with it, wheezing out a sigh, Morph following suit resting on Silver's shoulder. It was quiet for a few moments, as Jim smiled softly thinking about Annie and this whole trip as he leaned forward and said with total confidence in himself.

"But I'm going to change all that."

"Are you now?" Silver asked curiously as he pets Morph with his mechanical pointer finger, he glanced over at Jim and gave him a small smile. "How so?"

Jim paused for a moment, he thought about telling Silver about their heading. He thought about how much Silver helped him throughout this whole trip, maybe just maybe he could trust them with this. But then the cross of Annie passed his mind, she had the key on her and if something happened to her.

He couldn't even think of that happening, as much as he trusted Silver, Jim couldn't bring himself to tell the cyborg in fear of one of the crew overhearing. So Jim leaned back and shook his hands out as if getting the idea out of his mind before crossing his arms behind his head and resting on the side of the boat as he said.

"I've got some plans, gonna make people see me a little differently."

Silver saw the content smile on Jim's face and frowned slightly, as the thought of the munity going to take place as soon as they arrived on the planet. Silver let out a soft oh and glanced down at Morph as he said, while Morph rubbed against his collar.

"Sometimes plans go astray."

Silver looked sadly over at Jim, the boy still smiling and resting his eyes as he thought about the future. The future of a new Benbow Inn, his mom happy, having a good relationship with Delbert, maybe convincing the Captain to let him join the academy, and most importantly having Annie by his side.