The end starts a new beginning elsewhere.

You walk up to the edge of the roof, you look over it and see the welcoming blossoming trees at the bottom, just waiting for you. You get on the very edge of the building and you lean forward, you take a step onto the non existent flooring below you.

And then you fall. It's a long fall so you take in the sights around you; The birds chirping, The beautiful sunset, the people below you, the welcoming cherry trees on the ground, and then your mind goes blank. 

You close your eyes and think of all the fun times, the good things in your lifetime. Like that one time you went on a field trip in the fourth grade, you and your pals were just laughing and cracking jokes one after another. Or when you stood out on your porch and just let the breeze hit you, the summer air pushing your face and ruffling your hair. Or the one time you helped your brother out with his bullying problem. 

Remembering these things makes you smile, you open your eyes again and see the ground getting closer. Instead of bracing for impact you welcome it, not regretting anything. You finally hit the ground, with a loud thud, but instead of finally reaching paradise you wake up in a painfully bright room. 

Is this freedom?

You feel a hand touch your own which makes you jump.

“Thank god you're okay!!” a voice says shakily.
The voice sounded masculine and rough. 

No this can’t be right. My freedom, my paradise, my final escape. This can’t be it, can it?