Chapter 9: May We Meet Again

The fictional characters then surrounded Joseph and the portal. They knew it was time for them to go back to their respected homes and universes, but they knew that maybe someday they'd meet each other again. 

"I know we only knew each other for a few hours. But I know you all want and have to go home sooner or later. But don't just thank me, thank Shannon for coming up with this kickass plan!" Joseph said.... He looked at the comic, and then back at the rest of the crew. "As for this comic, I'll be keeping it with us so we don't run into any more mishaps. Now you may step in and head home to safety." He nodded before moving to the side so the others could head home. One by one, each character hopped into the portal to make their way back, before it ended with Shannon being the last one standing. 

"Wait, Shannon!" Mariel said grabbing him by the arm. "Before you go, we just wanna say thank you. Thank you for rescuing Inez and overall just helping us with this plan." She smiled. "Please make sure to come visit us at any time you want." Inez chimed in. Shannon tearfully nodded before making his way to the portal. "Goodbye everyone..." He muttered. "Hey, buddy... Don't think of this as goodbye...just....so long." Joseph said. "Until we meet again, my comrades." Shannon spoke before stepping into the portal. Everyone waved goodbye to the newfound hero. "Well...at least no one stepped in by accident..." Mariel chuckled. "Wait a second... Where's Matt!" Inez asked before they all came to the realization that Matt might have followed everyone in. 

"Shit...." Jackie said facepalming.

The End.