𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖞

♡

      Long days were every day for a person like you, and slacking off in a day was considered atrocious. So no matter what you did, you lived your life to its fullest, and you put it to good use.

This leads to tiresome, of course. The long days and long work straining your muscles and your mental health.

But it seemed that a night like no other, where exhaustion got the best of you and sleep seemed a priority over your home security, you had forgotten to latch the balcony door locked.

Now you can most definitely see where this is going, dear. A man was said to be running around town, causing nothing but havoc and killings throughout London. Hearing the news from the shouting young lad on Bolton Street handing out extra newspaper- it just wasn't a concern of yours.

Even no serial killer would come for someone like you. Is what went through your mind at that time, isn't it?

Yes. Now your current position was now pinned to your mattress, unable to move by the fierce gaze he gave you.

In the midst of being scared, you tried to understand his face. Most other people would find this unattractive, but it was intriguing to you. You shook a little beneath the dark, grinning figure, breathing quickly and frozen in place.

You could see his menacing grin in the dim light of your room's fireplace, but he was still difficult to see.

Black messy curls fell over his features in unkempt swirls that gently brushed against your neck.

Perhaps this would be the end of it. All of those hard working days you spent, straining yourself over and over again to make an living and make a happy life for yourself.

Perhaps it would be painless if this stranger were to kill you right then and there. Maybe he would be that gentlemanly.

But you couldn't take this chance.

"Who are you?" The words fell from your tongue like fire. Almost immediately you regretted those words- not the words themself, but the tone. You sounded afraid. This could be some of a turn on for this stranger, and you should've thought that through.

The man cocked his head back a little and his grin cracked wider as his crazed eyes glared at you. A sick look in his eyes- like insanity, pierced into your own. You weren't fully aware of how to react, as his legs tightened their straddled position to your hips. "Awe... you seem so terrified. It's my face, isn't it. It's quite rude on someone's behalf to judge one for their appearance as the first judgement. But nevermind that. What's your name, sweetness?" His voice was course but smooth like wine at the same time. It cracked every other syllable- but not enough to make it unattractive. He kept his voice low and polite at an attempt to not scare you any further.

"Y/N. Y/N L/N." You said just above a whisper. He grinned even wider and brought one of his hands from your mattress to your jawline. His long nails stroked your cheek gently and he chuckled inaudibly.

"What a pleasant name. You may want to know mine, it's only fair since you asked before I did. My name is Edward Hyde, it's quite the pleasure to meet you." His voice said, so broken but silky.

You relaxed a little at the comforting feel of his hand against your cheek and his smooth voice.

"H-Hyde... Mister Hyde," you brought your voice to a more comfortable volume, "if I my ask, wh-what are you doing in my home?"

He closed his grin and smiled with his lips, a more kind smile on his features now. "Well now we both seem harmless, eh? I was simply cold my dear, London is very chilling at night. I should have knocked, but it was late. I got on top of you in hopes to keep you silent from screaming." He tilted his head a little and you nodded slightly.

"Goodness. Well at least I know your intentions are good. I'm sorry for assuming the worst." You said with a tinge of guilt in your words.

"No need for an apology, sweetness. Now, while I warm up, would you like to tell me about yourself?"