~Chapter One~ •A lonely Paris•

I take a deep breath and study my reflection in the mirror. I notice how my long blonde curly hair and blue-grey eyes stand out in the bright morning sunlight that peaks through the large window on the east side of the room.I turn to my small hotel closet and slip on my grey Kate Spade high-heals, my old boyfriend never liked it when I wore high-heals, but I do. It is my first time at Paris with no boyfriend, it feels so good and relaxing, to be on your own and the "boss" of your life, I look at Paris with a whole new perspective now.

I have been staying at a small and old beautiful motel in Paris for the last five days. The Motel is not your usual smelly, dirty and ugly motel, the motel I am at is classy and modern, the most beautiful place I have stayed at. In three days I fly back to New York. I came to Paris to find freedom and a peaceful place, and I found it. I have been on my own for about eight months now and I pretty much gave up on love, because all it does is break, burn and end.

My latest boyfriend was Collin Edinburg (I broke up with him eight months ago.) He would always find a way to put me down and make me feel horrible. After taking the verbal abuse for about three weeks I finally put it to an end by breaking up with him, Collin did not care and we didn't talk ever since, I think he is finally behind me now. I never even thought about dating again for eight months now.

I grab my little grey iPod shuffle, put my left head phone in and played my favorite song, Collin always said he didn't get it, but I do. I grab my room key and leave the motel.

Just before I open the front door the friendly lobby worker, Pierre, hollered "Have a nice day Taylor" to me in a happy, upbeat way which put me in a lovely mood, and I gave him a joyful wave.

When I step outside a warm breeze hits me, it feels wonderful, my light blue and yellow sundress flows with the summer breeze. Outside I find my light blue and grey old-fashioned bike, I love to ride my bike around Paris, it makes me feel at home and free.

My friend, Cara, always is at Paris. She loves it so much here, so much that she even bought her own little apartment. I can see why she loves it here so much, it's warm, has the most extraordinary buildings and the tall willow trees and patches of wild flowers make it look like a daydream.
Cara always is recommending new things to try and see, I remember one time she came over to my apartment for a day she told me about a small cafe. Cara said it was beautiful and classy. It was called The Bluebird Cafe. Apparently they made the best lattes in the city.

I hop on my bike and I soon realize that high-heals were not the best choice for a bike ride, but I will make them work. I head to the cafe. It was about a 30 minute bike ride. When I pull up to the cafe I can smell a faint scent of ground coffee, kind of like the way Starbucks did back at home, but here it was fresher and smelled more amazing. I get off my bike and lean it up against the outside wall of the cafe. I take a minute to make sure my dress isn't folded or tucked in anywhere and I make sure my red lipstick didn't smudge and look clownish, I also fix my hair. Once everything is perfect I walk through the large French doors into the cafe.