Chapter 20 🌟

A/N: I highly recommend refreshing your memory by going back and reading some previous chaps if its been a while LOL!

Sorry for the wait y'all! I hope you guys like this chap, it's 17k words!! As always be sure to lmk what you think in the comments! 💖

Chapter warnings: A million flashbacks, Mentions of rapid weight loss, Katsuro struggles, graphic descriptions of a character death.

•••••

Recap: So without much further thought, she reached in her purse and grabbed the first pen she could find. Then, Runa neatly wrote her name below her grandmothers.

With the kunai, she pricked her finger and allowed a droplet of scarlet red blood to fall on the space right next to her writing.

At first, she thought nothing happened. Had she been rejected by the contract? But then

Runa gasped at the sight of a butterfly with large, sparkling purple wings fluttering around her, its wings glimmering with every ounce of light it catches. Curiously, she reached her hand out towards the mystical animal.

It slowly lowered towards her palm, and the second it made contact with the tip of her finger-Gone, she was out like a light.

Her body slumped lifelessly against her bed, her soul abandoning it's host and traveling towards another world. The world of those who left this great earth long before her.

And waiting for her, was a young woman with long white hair, ruby red eyes, and open arms.

••Runa's POV••

There's a dull, faint thrumming noise coming from the inner workings of my chest. It's rhythmic nature somehow manages to lull me into consciousness, though, still it's not enough to let me open my eyes.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

It's the only thing occupying my senses for now. I can't see, feel, smell, or taste anything else. All I could do is listen to that same dull repeating noise that almost sounds like a heartbeat.

Wait- is that my heartbeat?!

"Runa? Runa honey- Oh she's knocked out! No, what if she's just asleep? She's just like my daughter oh my god-" A light toned, sweet sounding voice spoke, only to be cut off from a laugh from someone else.

What the hell is happening? Who's voice is that?

"I can't believe this! She looks just like Sasuke!" Another voice, presumedly from the same woman who laughed before, fawns over me. Oddly enough, this other woman sounds almost a bit sad, mournful as she mentions my fathers name.

"I told you!! And you never believed me!" The first voice scoffed, followed by "Well, your stories are always a bit dramatic. I didn't know if you were exaggerating or not!" The second voice defended herself.

Amidst their lighthearted bickering, it's as though my body begins to wake up. It's then that I begin to feel it entirely again. A tingling sensation creeps over all of my bones, and I wince at the way it resembles the feeling of a leg falling asleep! But all over me!