Alice

Alice.

After all I've gone through, there is only one person who hasn't exhausted me. Who I'm not exhausted of.

And with further realization.. I realize it's because I like her. I really, really, like her. And I want.. to be with her. And even over the two years I've known her, we've never been especially close.

And I want to be. Now that my head is clear, and I don't have think moment to moment- now that I can think about romance, I can only think about Alice.

So, I guess I know what I'll be pining for from this moment forward.

●●●

"Alice.. this is too. much." I say, covering my face as I try to figure out when this happened. Oh yeah, probably when Alice sent me out to Port Angeles with Bella.

"What, do you not like it?" Alice asks nervously, fiddling her thumbs and looking up at me for approval.

"Of course I like it! I love it! I love you." I grab her and kiss her forehead, pulling away and smiling before I get a better look at the decorated Cullen home.

It's my favorite theme. I've wanted a big, rich, celebrity party like this since I was a kid. Alice made it come true.

"Thank you so much, Alice." I say, grabbing her by the waist. She is already dressed in the theme's attire, and I figure I should too. But, of course, she reads my mind.

"Don't worry, I already have an outfit for it, you're gonna love it." She smiles, and I do, because really I'm excited. Especially to see what Alice has picked out.

She, of course, has it behind her back (how did I miss that?) and shows me a beautiful dress that I cannot wait to wear.

"Alice, this is perfect!" Not only that, but it matches the theme perfectly.

"I also might have pulled a few strings.." She says, smiling up at me and bracing me for whatever she's going to say. "And your favorite singer is coming!"

I almost scream, attacking Alice instead.

"You're kidding!"

"I'm not! You make powerful connections when you're a vampire." She shrugs, but I can tell she's secretly super excited too.

"Alice, I can't believe this! You are so wonderful."

"Don't ever thank me for celebrating you." She says, smiling, and then holds up the outfit.

"Now go get dressed!"

●●●

I am nervous, to be honest, considering me favorite singer is here and is going to perform at my birthday party.

I'm so excited, but I also do not want to go out and face all of those people. Alice must sense it, because she comes up behind me and puts a comforting hand on my back.

"It's all gonna be fine." She tells me quietly, and slowly I begin to believe it under the fact that she knows it will.

And me and Alice leave my room, immodestly being bombarded with guests. I think Alice just might have invited every single person her and I combined know.

And it is then when I see them, sure, they're standing up in the corner stiffly, but they're still here. My parents. Here.

I forget all about the original people I was talking to, and move towards my parents.

When I finally reach them, I give them both giant hugs, which seems to confuse both of them.

"Hello, Sweetheart." My dad says awkwardly, patting my back.

"I didn't know you two were coming!" I say, smiling happily.

"We wouldn't miss it." My mother says with a tight smile.

"You didn't have any meetings?" I ask, still surprised that they decided to come out to Forks.

My mom looks at my dad, and he shortly nods.

"Actually, we're thinking of retiring." My mother says, finally smiling at least a little more lose.

"That's wonderful. And I'd love to stay and chat now, but I've got other to see." I smile at them, and they nod understandingly before I move on, twisting through the crowd with no real destination.

Maybe I'll go find Alice.

That is until I hear some music coming from behind me. I turn to find a makeshift stage.. with my favorite artist on it.

I think I might explode as I look at them, and they start playing my favorite song. Some people are cheering, and I can't help but think that this party is the best one I've ever attended, much less been the center of.

Once the song comes to a finish, I clap my hands, extremely happy with all of this. And that is when Alice appears beside me, smiling up at me.

"Do you like it?" She asks, her voice leveling out some enthusiasm that I can still hear.

"I love it." I turn to her, and wrap my arms around her in a giant hug. This is amazing. This is the best thing anyone has ever, ever done for me.

And in the moment, I am so so happy that everything turned out this way. Nothing could be more perfect.

Nothing.

A/N okay guys, this is actually the end :( I'll let you all know if there's a continuation of any kind, but I doubt it. I'll probably make another twilight book in a while though, if I'm not too tired of it. but, at last, thank you all so so much for being there for me throughout this book's course. I love you all :)