Chapter four

When Marley woke up on September 1st she could feel the dip in the space next to her in the bed so she knew at some point of the night Finan had woke up and got in her bed. She looked over to her clock which read 7:30. There wasn't a chance in hell that she was going back to sleep so she turned to face her brother who was still snoring, she pulled him in and hugged him trying not to wake him up.

When she heard the sound of dishes clanging she got out of bed putting on her socks and making her way to the kitchen to find Hope cooking breakfast.

"Morning sweetheart, could you go and get your brothers up please" she smiled and carried on.

Marley loved her Nan helping when she could but at the same time she couldn't stand it, it felt like whenever she was here she would try and take over and it made her skin crawl. Marley had a way that she liked to do things and hope did everything the opposite way, she also hated that she tried to take care of Jamie and Finan. That was her job.

"James wake up, Nans made us breakfast" she said as she hit him with a pillow.

"What time is it" he groaned.

"Time to wake up" she smiled sarcastically.

With James walking half asleep behind her she went to her own room and woke up Finan who had the same look on his face that James did when he first woke up.

"Come on kid, let's eat" she ruffled his hair and they all joined Hope at the table.

Halfway through breakfast Remus came in and took a plate of food to the bedroom for Faye and then joined them to eat what was left.

"Okay we have a busy morning but I've packed all of our bags so all you two have to do is get ready" Marley said as she cleared the table.

"I could have done it myself" Remus protested.

"No, no dad you couldn't or it would have been done already" she gave him a knowing look and then headed to the bathroom to shower.

She held her wet hair up with a clamp and then went into her parents room to check on her mum before they left. She was asleep which wasn't a surprise so she sat on the edge of the bed next to her and just looked at her for a minute before rubbing her hands over her eyes and moving the stray hair off of her mums face. She stood to leave but was stopped by her hand being grabbed.

"Are you leaving for school Marley" she said quietly.

"Yeah soon, we'll be home for Christmas though" she leant down and and kissed the top of her head. "Try not to stay in bed please mum, Finn needs you" she left the room.

When they had to leave Finan held back his tears and held on to Marley as tight as he could. Marley let a tear slip and cupped his face.

"I'll write every couple of days and be home before you know it okay, I know it's gonna be different this year but Nans here so you'll be okay" she kissed his head. "Remember to feed mum if she won't come out of her room and if you need to you can give aunt Mary a ring she's still out of the country but she gets back soon, in a week or two I think"

"I'll be okay and I can handle mum don't worry I learnt from you and your the best"

"I love you Finn"

"I love you too marls"

"Don't I get any love" Jamie called with a hand on his hip.

Finan gave him a hug and then hugged Marley again.

Remus said goodbye to Finn and too Hope and Hope assured that the three of them would be fine and they finally left piling all their stuff into a taxi and off they went.