Chapter 3.

Without hesitation, Ahmad approached her and gave her arm a firm grip. He dragged her out of the hall despite that she was trying to free herself from his hold but he never budged, he was quite stronger than she expected him to be. "What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you even here? The audacity you have to come drag me out of my school party that way...." He dragged her into the car and closed the door. He walked around and hopped in before he started the car. She still continued. "How dare you come in here and disgrace me in front of my friends? Are you crazy?"

"Oh just shut up, go and shove your head in a toilet!"

Her mouth hangs open as her eyes fall on him, and her expression twists with anger. "I am sick and tired of your senseless word so just shut up!" He hollered, resentfully. "And one more word from you again, you will see my true colour tonight, I assure you. Just try me!" With that, the car fell silence. She breathed out the anger and rested her back, folding her arms on her chest as she mused curses on him. At least that would help with her temper.

Immediately after they arrived home, she stepped out of the car and headed in with him tailing behind her. He followed her into the living room where he met her standing before Ummah as she kept on throwing hurtful words at him nonstop.

And as much as he wanted to control himself, Ahmad gave her an open smack across her cheek. She held her stinging cheek and yelped in pain. She couldn't figure out if she was amused by the slap he gave her or how painful it was. "You listen to me and you listen good. I will not tolerate such rubbish, not from you, not from anyone. And as from today you will never, I mean never go out for no absolute reason. And I don't want to ever see you dressing this way again..." He continued listing his rules as Hidayah looked at her mother for her conformation but Ummah turned her head away. Ummah has had it enough also but thankfully, she has Ahmad to take care of her worries for her.

"Ummah are you hearing what this man is saying? He slapped me, and you didn't even flinch, you said nothing and now he's setting some ridiculous rules and regulations still you aren't saying anything." Hidayah stared at her mother in disbelief. How could Ummah let him disrespect Hidayah that way?

Ummah looked at Ahmad with disappointed look. "What are you standing there for? Why aren't you beating the living day light out of this girl? I wanted you to beat her till she can't move a limb, maybe by then she won't have the guts to speak after you've beaten her enough. And for you," she then pointed at Hidayah. "If you break any rule, I mean if you even attempt to break any of his rules, By Allah Hidayah I'll hit you black and blue in this house, just try me and see. Stupid girl." With that, Ummah rose up from her sit and left them exchanging hateful look at each other.

Ahmad stared at her, sending daggers her way. He has never felt so infuriated in his life like he was that night. He scoffed and also stormed out of the living room. Hidayah slumped down on the cold floor, whimpering. Everything that happened got her thinking, was she even Ummah's child? Does her own mother even love her? If not, why would she allow that so called nephew of hers to hit her and that wasn't enough, he had to set his rules for her and she dared not to break any of it.

With the teary eyes, sore cheek and heavy heart, she pulled herself together and stood up from the floor. She picked up her purse that she has long forgotten she had dropped when he slapped her and also headed towards the stairs.

On her way to her room, she encountered with her sisters sitting down in the living room upstairs. She exchanged glares with her immediate younger sister, Aisha before she hissed furiously and entered her room, banging the for close just to annoy her sister.