Falling Apart Right at the Seams

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓₗᵥᵢᵢᵢ
𝔸𝕕𝕞𝕚𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠𝕩𝕚𝕔

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

Liliana walked through the deserted streets of Water 7 in a daze as the events played through her mind on repeat

Liliana walked through the deserted streets of Water 7 in a daze as the events played through her mind on repeat. Looking and trying to see if she could've changed something. Maybe if she tried more. Done more. Followed through with her words, Usopp wouldn't have left. No one would've left. But Liliana wasn't. She wasn't good enough. Sane enough to keep everything from falling apart.

The admiral's words repeated through her head. Hesitation. Why is she hesitating? Fear? No. It's the want to stay constant. To not move forward. To continue in the place she knows. A place she feels safe. Needed. To feel useful to someone so that they won't abandon her. But what good did that get her? A crew that was falling apart right at the seams.

Liliana stopped as she stared at the moon. Her father said to look at the moon when she felt sad. But she wasn't sad. She felt hopeless. Will the moon still help? Or will it continue to just cast its glow in all its cold beauty. A mere witness to a young girl's troubles.

A few tears ran down her face as Liliana continued to walk before she stopped. In front of Liliana was her. The older sister who ran.

Rosette stared wide-eyed as Liliana before they grew concerned seeing the fresh tears run down her face. Then when Liliana turned away, Rosette frantically shook her head, holding out a hand. "Wait! Lily! Please don't go!"

Liliana paused. She should've kept walking but she didn't.

Seizing the chance, Rosette took a step closer but stopped, afraid to scare her off. "I just want to talk. Please." Rosette paused, looking towards Liliana with hope before she continued with her plea. "I'm leaving tomorrow and I don't know when I will see you again. Please Lils. Give me a chance to explain. Properly this time. Just one."

Liliana's fingers curled beside her before they relaxed. She wanted to leave but-she didn't. Taking one more step would destroy everything but if she stayed. Liliana faced her sister once again before taking a step forward. It was time to fix the broken.

⊱•⊰

Rosette poured the tea into two cups as they sat in her room. From the corner of her eye, she can see Liliana fidgeting before she sighed. Once the tea was poured, Rosette went to the bathroom. Coming back out, Rosette rested the first aid bag on the table before gesturing towards her arm.

Liliana hesitated before she placed her arm in Rosette's hold. She turned her arm over before revealing the multitude of scratches. Some new and some old. With dull eyes, she watched as Rosette cleaned up her wound.