Chapter II

"...Provisionally."

Q asked the Captain how he pleaded, so of course, to save his crew's lives, he pleaded guilty. You would've been scared, had you actually believed the Captain would stoop to this alien creature guy's level. No way would he truthfully plead guilty, had the guards not had their guns pointed at Counselor Troi and Commander Data.

The crowd died down from its obnoxious cheering. Thank god, that was so annoying.

"The court will hear the provision." Q stated. "We question whether this court is abiding by its own trial instructions." The Captain sighed. "Have I your permission to have Commander Data repeat the record?"

"There will be no legal trickery." Q said calmly. "These will be your own words, your honor," The captain turned to Data. "What exactly followed his honor's statement that the prisoners will not be harmed?"

"Yes, sir." Data said as he stood up. "The Captain had asked the question: 'Can we assume you mean this will be a fair trial?'" Data announced, sounding literally exactly like the captain, whose voice definitely did not fit. "And in reply, the judge stated: 'Yes, absolutely equitable.'"

Wait a minute... how did he just mock their voices so perfectly? Also, how did he even remember that, because you know you wouldn't have been able to do that normally. Your memory was horrible, despite sort of needing to have a good memory for your job.

"Irrelevant testimony, entirely irrelevant." Q rolled his eyes.

"All right. We agree there is evidence to support the court's contention that humans have been savage." Picard announced. "Therefore, I say test us. Test whether this is presently true of humans!" Wow, that's actually a great idea. No seriously... why didn't Q just do that from the start... it would've been a lot easier, honestly, and a lot less stressful.

"I see, I see. And so, you petition the court to accept you and your comrades as proof of what humanity has become?" Q questioned. "There must be many ways we can be tested. We have a long mission ahead of us." The Captain responded. "Another brilliant suggestion, Captain, but your test hardly requires a long mission."

"Your immediate destination offers far more challenge than you can possibly imagine." Q laughed, obviously having a specific idea in mind. "Yes, this 'Farpoint Station' will be an excellent test."

"All present, respectfully stand." The bailiff announced. The crowd stood as told. "This court is adjourned to allow the criminals to be tested." Q stated. "This honorable court is adjourned. Stand respectfully." The bailiff once again announced, annoyingly. The captain signaled the crew to stand, and they all did. The bell rang once again and Q floated away on his throne thingy. What even is that?

"Captain, you may find that you are not nearly clever enough to deal with what lies ahead for you," Q started as a bright light once again found its way to your eyes. "It may have been better to accept sentence here."

As the light went away, you find yourself back with the others, on the battle bridge, just as you were before Q took you away. Gosh, you're glad you're back here for sure. Everyone looked at each other, questioning what just happened. You were confused as well, but you honestly didn't have the energy to question what just happened, and you decided that you'd leave the confusion to everyone else. "What is the present course, Conn?"

"It's what it's always been all along, sir- direct headed to Farpoint Station." Someone replied. Wait, you didn't even realize someone else was here. He obviously wasn't teleported alongside the rest of you, or he may have been just as, if not more, confused as everyone else.

"Confirmed, we are on that heading, sir." Data nodded at the Captain. "Do you know anything about Farpoint Station, sir? It sounds like a fairly dull place." The guy asked. "We've heard that we may find it rather interesting." The Captain smiled.