16. His exes and dating rumors

"Hi!" I yell as I walk into our apartment. Haley meets me in the hall and tags along to the kitchen. Ella greets me from the sofa.

Haley nudges me with a smirk. "And who's jacket is that...?"

I feel my cheeks warming up. "Tom's"

"Ooo." Haley smiles. "Tell me..."

I look over to see Ella paying attention to us from the sofa.

"What did you guys do?" Haley asks, still with that annoying smirk...

"We did our scene and then he gave me a ride home, and we stopped by the store." I gesture to the bags I'm unpacking.

"You were at the store for three hours?" Haley shakes her head.

I chuckle. "No, the makeup artists left before we finished so I helped him take off his makeup."

"And when did you get the jacket?" Ella is coming over now and she has this curious look on her face.

"I was cold when we were at the store and he gave it to me." I shrug.

Haley shakes her head with a smile. "Nothing else happened?"

Ella looks from her to me and back. "Okay, what's going on between you and Tom?" she asks me.

"Uhm..." I blank out. I do trust Ella. She won't say anything, but I just haven't said it out loud before. I have no idea what to tell her. I look over to Haley for help.

"She likes him..." Haley giggles.

Ella brightens up. "You do?"

I feel my cheeks turning warm again.

"Aaand... He likes her." Haley adds.

This makes Ella's eyes an inch larger. "Really?"

I don't answer, but Haley laughs and nods.

Ella pulls out a chair on the other side of the kitchen island. "Now I want to know everything! Has anything happened between you?"

"Definitely!" Haley squeaks and plops down beside Ella. I sigh, resting my elbows on the counter.

"Uhm... Well." I start turning to them. "You know when we were in New York for those interviews?"

Ella nods, paying close attention.

"We kind of hooked up, and then he invited me to dinner..."

"Wait, wait, wait... You two hooked up?" Ella shouts.

"Yeah..."

"Oh my god." Ella looks to Haley. "I know!" Haley laughs. Ella looks back to me. "Okay, so you went to dinner..?"

"Yes, which was lovely. Then when we were at that party we hooked up again and I kind of spent the night in his room..."

Ella's mouth fly open. Neither Haley nor I can hold in our laughs when seeing her expression. It is replaced by a big grin.

"I knew it! He acted so suspicious when we went home from that trip!"

I chuckle.

"Especially when he was asked if he's gotten anything... oh my god I should've realized!"

I hold up my hand. "We didn't have sex though, just so that's clear..."

"No?"

"No, it just... We didn't, he held back. Both nights."

Ella shakes her head with a sigh. "Tom... such a gentleman." Hayley nods.

"And after we came back... Not too much happened. We ordered dinner over at his place once, and yeah..."