Chapter 2

An interested smile slowly formed on Scaramouche's lips,

An interactive book?

By coincidence, that was his favorite genre. Yet, he has never seen a writing style like that before.

The words almost looked like they were handwritten, unlike the regular font you would see in printed copys.

Without a question, his finger swiftly turned the page all the way to 34.

-

Page 34

-

It was blank.

He held it closer to his face, surely he wasn't missing anything?

Even with holding the book in every angle that was possible, there still wasn't anything.

Was this a joke? Was an author really that lazy to stop the book half-way through?

While he took a quick over-look through the rest of the other pages, they suddendly turned empty aswell.

Even the entry had been completely gone.

Was Scaramouche going crazy?

...

He suddendly felt an ice-cold wind pass from behind his back, by the same time a shiver shot through from the nape of his neck.

With natural human instinct, he immediately turned around, expecting a giggling Childe or even another student messing around with him,

But there was no one.

Yet, there was a weird feeling that something felt, wrong. Like there was something missing.

As rapidly as he had looked down at his hands yet again, the book that once was there, was nowhere to be found.

His eyes widened, there was just no way.

How- it was just there a second ago!

Scaramouche felt uneasy, the air had became tense without his knowledge, and a sensation was left tingling in his stomach.

Unconsciously, he whipped back around for a second time, expecting the same outcome as the first,

But instead he had met eyes with a strange individual who was sitting on top of a desk, legs tangling in the void.

A few steps back were taken,

"Hello." The boy spoke with a calm and pleasant voice, a smile forming on his lips.

When he saw the culprit of it all, Scaramouche couldn't help but to feel annoyed. He hated when people played tricks on him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Pardon?"

Scaramouche took a step forward, getting more and more irritated as he kept acting clueless,

"Sneaking all up behind my back and shit, taking what was in my hands, who do you think you are?"

"Ah, sorry where are my manners. My name is Kazuha, what is yours?"

He scoffed, "None of your buisness."

"Alright then, Scaramouche."

At first, he didn't seem to realise that he had called him by his name. But after a few seconds hit, the realization did aswell.