Chapter 1

Rain was hitting the street with a wind so harsh that Greg lestrade could barely drive without skidding off the road. The windshield wipers doing nothing to let him see out the windshield and watch the road. Car lights flashing past him in a blur of angry red.

With a huff he finally pulled over, succumbing to Donnavan's nagging at him to stop driving in this weather. She had been talking his ear of since the start of their patrol shift. Just another rant about sherlock holmes and his disrespect for her position within Scotland Yard and ending with her failing love life. As if he didn't know she was still seeing Anderson.

The second the car was parked he closed his eyes in an effort to fight off his headache. He usually found a storm in London to be soothing. It meant a peaceful and quiet night for him where he either got be in his office or just driving around unless he had the night off.

So far he had responded to 4 calls through the radio, most of which were noise complaints from angry neighbours. He up the heater on full blast and leaned back in his chair trying to get comfortable. Hoping for a quick nap.

"and then he just walks off and takes all the credit when he's not even a qualified detective" she finished off her rant throwing her hands in the air. Groaning as she leaned back in her seat.

"Donnavan the only thing I want to do tonight is relax and answer the occasional complain. Not think about sherlock bloody holmes" lestrade said firmly. Turning on the radio to prevent her from talking any further.

"fine then" Donnavan spat before settling in her seat.

With that last remark lestrade let out a deep breath and started to relax.

******************************************************

She stumbled through the streets of london as fast as her injuries would allow her without losing her balance. The heavy rain soaking through her clothes and making her shoes squish with every step, water from the puddles splashing back on her legs and washing away the blood off of her. Her limp only slowing her down further.

Her left hand clutching the bloody knife tighter as she moved forward, turning her head to look over her shoulder every few minutes to make sure she wasn't being followed. Her lungs were burning at the lack of oxygen from running and her body aches with sharp shooting pains. Black dots starting to cloud her vision as a sign that she was running out of time and needed to find some place safe to hide from her attacker.

The moment she stopped the dizziness set up, making standing become very difficult as she collapsed forward into a puddle. With her last few moments of consciousness she crawled to the nearest garbage bins to hid behind in the alley closest to her.

Clutching the knife closer to her chest before the world faded to black.

The streets of London were certainly not quiet tonight.

******************************************************

Greg lestrade was on the brink of sleep when the police radio sprang to life for any available units for a possible assault on a minor only a few streets over from where their car was parked. He groaned at the interruption before adjusting his seat and starting the short drive to the location of the call.

"how much longer do we have left" Donnavan groaned checking her phone. "I've gotta get ready for a date I'm having over after this". She didn't even bother to look up from her phone.

Leaving lestrade to take a deep breath to fight of his frustration, gripping the steering wheel tighter. The drive took ten minutes of endless chatting from his partner and trying to see through the rain which didnt seem to be going away anytime soon. The siren lights blaring to help clear their way faster barely being heard over the thunder and lightning. This was not a night anyone would want to voluntarily be out in. The thought of a child being out in this weather gave lestrade a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.