impostor

She had a rucksack in one hand and a flashlight in the other. The small house was filled with the steady breathing of content sleepers, but she did her best to make no noise. The squeak of a sneaker and the small click of the front door lock was the only clue she had been there at all.

Where she lived, at the end of a road-to-nowhere on the outskirts of a small town it got properly dark at night. New York State government didn’t bother with streetlights this far out. The flashlight would do for now but there was no guarantee it would last her until the sun rose. She hoped to be far away by then. Past her small town and into Potsdam, the closest Greyhound bus station.

It was a long walk, but in the only direction she wanted: away.

By the time her name was on the news (if anyone cared to report her ‘missing’) or being whispered between gossiping old women at the local bingo hall, she would be in Boston. She would be a whole new person, with a whole new life.

Even if it didn’t, technically, belong to her. Nothing could be worse than Nowhere, New York.

* * * * *

Who is this girl? What is she so determined to escape from? What, or more importantly who awaits her in Boston? Answers to these questions and more lie ahead...

Setting the scene a little, I hope I managed to capture the mysterious vibe of our protagonist. 'Impostor' will  be a Teen (Fan)Fiction with splashes of romance, mystery and of course... 5SOS!

So if you like that kind of thing, stick around ;)

I'm emilyambyth on both Tumblr and Polyvore (where I will be uploading outfits for each chapter). Check them out and please vote, comment, follow if you like!

* * * * *

This story may contain vulgar language as well as sexual and mature scenes/themes.