Hey Mr. Gangster! Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Picture of Callisto on the side (Romanian Model Bogdan Vladau)

Have you ever wondered if the Dalai Lama is really alive? Would he show me the ways of enlightenment? Were crop circles real or just some weird art form these teenagers do after a rave party? If the moon was made of cheese, would it still be beautiful?

Screw it! I really need to snap out of it and get myself together. Acting like a big wuss wasn't helping me get over these delusonal ramblings. I need to calm down or someone might lock me up in an asylum.

I have to remember what I'm here for. Yeah. That's right. I am here for a purpose. This hot piece of ass of a gangster should not hyperventilate like a dumb chick that broke a nail. I need to man up and grow some fuzzy fudge balls.

The last bit sounded retarted, but for the lack of better words, I don't give a rat's ass.

I let out a big woosh of air from my lungs, forcing myself to break free from this panic attack. I lifted my head up from the steering wheel, mustering all my energy to make the unwanted jitters go away.

I dropped out of high school five years ago, how bad can it be?

With steady hands, I grabbed my backpack from the backseat and got out from my car. I was instantly greeted by the sun's harsh rays which had my eyes squint a little 'till my corneas got used to the blazing ball of fire's illumination. With a last big heave of air, I slung my backpack on my shoulders and began my trek to the unknown and yonder.

Operation Callisto Worthington Goes Back to High School is now in motion.

Wooptidoo...

On my walk of shame, whispers and murmurs, girls and boys alike, were not left unnoticed by my keen hearing. So far, nothing's changed alright. With the gossip mongering, of course.

"Is that the new kid?" Punk, isn't it rather obvious? I think you have a screw lose or something.

"Dude, I think he's rich. Let's shake him dry later at lunch." Screw me sideways. Someone's asking for a death wish.

"What a nerd!" Damn you to the pits of hell, Aiden!

"I think he's cute."

I smirked. I looked over to see who said it; it was some geeky looking girl with a face attacked by postules called acne. My smirk turned into a scowl. I will definitely kill Aiden later.

"Will he join the Mathletes if we recruit him?" Dude, don't even think about asking.

Do you know what makes this really hard? It's the fact that I want to give them a piece of my mind with the use of my fist, but when your father's warning resounds like an all-knowing conscience in your head, all you can do is bite your tongue and pretend it doesn't matter, as bad as I want my mean side to come out. With that, I tuned them out and took long, big strides towards the school's entrance.

Walking in the hallway was even harder. People bumping or butting into you accidentally or not was a pain in the ass. The pricks even glared or hissed, even though it wasn't my fault to begin with. That thought made me so pissed off I was pretty dead set on grabbing someone at close range. These fools didn't even know who they're messing with.

"Rule number one: no one should know that you belong to a gang."
Ah hell. Dad, damn you to repressed gay purgatory! (no offense gay people)

I grunted and continued walking, looking for that blasted office.

It took me 10 minutes searching for the stupid office since these pathetic losers didn't want to help me. Weren't they supposed to help the new kid? Do I smell bad? I raised my arms to check if my armpits smelled funky. I took a small whiff and nothing was wrong, so I shrugged, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl looking at me with a disgusted look on her face. Great. Now they think I'm some weirdo who smells armpits for fun.

My search for the office ended after several minutes. In the scale of 1 to 10, this school lacks originality, so I would give them a one. It sounds too vague, like it could be any kind of office let's say a manager of a strip club or... or... I don't know, any kind of office. Shaking my head, I opened the door, not bothering to knock. I walked a few steps towards the reception and saw a woman in her late 30's sitting behind the counter, whose eyes were glued to the computer screen. I cleared my throat and started to speak:

"Hi. I'm new."

Her eyes were still glued to the computer screen.

I cleared my throat and spoke again, "HEY!"

That got her jostled a bit. She looked up from the screen and gave me a sheepish smile.

"I'm so sorry about that. Can I help you?"

"I'm new. My name's Callisto. Callisto Worthington." I said my voice clipped and brisk.

"Oh! You must be Chip Worthington's son. Welcome to River Heights, home of the Ravens." She chirped.

I put on my mock enthusiasm, "Yay! Go team!" I said while pumping my fist in the air. I'm going to stab myself.

She smiled and handed my schedule and a welcome packet containing the school manual, locker information and a map. I took it and walked out of the office without a word. The lady can deal with my rudeness for all I care.

I checked my schedule and was pleased to know that most of my subjects were not hard. I think my dad threatened the principal to make my stay here easy for the rest of the year. I smiled at the thought, but frowned immediately, remembering he thought I was an idiot. As much I wanted to say "go daddy!" I hated the old fart, so he can kiss my ass because I ain't licking his shiny Armani shoes. I slid my schedule into my pocket and started walking a few steps. But then, I stopped. I think I've said something out of character.

Did I just say a shoe brand? Again, kill Aiden.

I need to shed some of my things because lugging something heavy on my shoulders for 7 hours is not on my game plan. Dodging once again in the hallways, I got to my locker and opened it with the designated combination. I literally jammed all my stuff there and slammed it shut. Now I feel much better. I whirled around and hot damn, sexy chick at 2:00 o'clock. She was a brunette and barely wearing anything. She caught me staring at her and she smiled. "This is good," I thought so I smiled back. She raised her hands to give me a wave, but flipped it and gave me the finger. The flipping finger. My mouth hung open. Who the freak does she think she is?! I scowled and then groaned, remembering my clothes. Freaking minors with their shallowness...

I walked off and the school bell blared throughout the hallway, causing me to stumble a few steps.

Graceful. Really graceful.

I checked my schedule once more to see my first class. Home freaking room.

Crud...

                                                               ***************************

These punks really know how to show the new kid a good time. It took me 15 minutes to find the right classroom. Whenever I asked, they told me it's right over there, only to find out that it's the wrong one. It's like an easter egg hunt! I let my instincts took over and finally, I was now in front of the RIGHT classroom. I knocked on the door and someone on the other side beckoned for me to enter. I got in and closed the door behind me.

"Oh, hello! You must be the new student," w woman in her early 40's chirped. Must be the homeroom teacher.

I nodded.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?"

F*ck. This was not part of Caleb's crash course.

I just stared at her blankly.

"Come on, don't be shy," she coaxed.

Me? Shy? Lady, you have no idea what you're talking about. I can strip my clothes off in front of the class if I want to.

I grunted and walked a few steps and turned my body to face front. I took a deep breath and started.

"Hey. I'm Callisto. I'm half Mexican and Half American. That's it."

A cute girl with dark brown hair raised her hand and spoke up. "How old are you?"

Shit. Okay, lie. Lie Callisto. "Uh ,18?" I said, sounding unsure. Real smooth.

She narrowed her eyes, not believing, but shrugged it off. Caramba! That was close.

A skanky looking blond chick with a plunging neckline spoke, "Can you speak something in Spanish?"

I smirked, " Quieres chupar mi pene?" [Translation : Will you suck my d*ck?]

"Wow. That sounds sexy," she said.

I chuckled and shook my head at her dumbness. "El burro sabe mas que tu." [Translation : The donkey knows more than you.]

"Welcome to River Heights. I am Mrs. Averman. You can sit right next to Chris over there at the back," Mrs. Averman said while pointing the back row.

I nodded and eyed the seat she was pointing at. It was right next to some emo kid. I sauntered to the back and plopped next to the guy; I think his name was Cole? No. Craig? No. Connor? No. Chris! Yeah! That's right.

"Hey. Sup?"

He just shrugged and said nothing.

Great. Now I'm seated next to a mute.

So much for being social...

                                                                           ************************

I can't take these brats anymore! I feel like God was playing battleship up there in the clouds and he choose to sunk my sorry ass to the bottom of the ocean.

Why?

1. Someone did a wedgie on me after 1st period. My baby maker was crushed and shriveled from the pain.
2. Tripped me on my way out of 2nd period.
3. My locker was flooded with golf balls on 3rd.
4. Locked me in the bathroom when I went out to piss so badly in 4th.

Before I dropped out of school, I was the king, the mofo of all pranks, the bully of all bullies. I was the sh*t. But now, five years after, I am now the school's dillweed. What an improvement!

I need something to lift my spirits, so I headed to the school cafeteria for lunch, only to be stopped by someone grabbing my arm then forcefully pulling me back, slamming me to a wall.

WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?!

I groaned from the impact and struggled to stand up, but someone lifted me up and held me in place.

"Hey, loser."

I looked up and saw a guy I wasn't familiar with. "What do you want?"

"Do you have money on you?" he sneered.

Is this guy kidding me?

I stood my ground. "Who wants to know?"

"We do," a group guys chorused behind the guy who held me up.

They were all tall and rather built, but I could tell they lack fighting experience. I could take them.

"What if I don't want to give you my money?" I asked.

"Then you're gonna get a beating of a lifetime," the guy said evilly.

I was shaking from rage. These mofos don't even know who they're dealing with.

"If you don't let go of me I'll..." I was cut off by the douche.

"What are going to do?" he challenged.

"I'm going to..."

"Avoid getting into fights, so no detention."

CURSE YOU FATHER! CURSE YOU!!

I sighed, feeling defeated and sagged my head. This ought to be the most pathetic moment of my life.

"That's what I thought," he said then dropped me to the floor. He crouched to my level and searched my pockets for money.

"Woohoo! Looks like it's our lucky day. I got us 500 bucks boys!" The guy cheered.

"YEAH!" they all said, high fiving each other.

He kicked me to the side and I winced, leaving me crumpled on the ground.

This sucks!

                                                                  ****************************

The bell shrilled, letting us know school is over for the day. I was glad the day was over. I needed to get home and eat loads of cheesecake to cure my mopey feeling. I shoved all of my stuff in my backpack and got out of the room. I didn't bother stopping by my locker; I just want to get the hell out of here, so I jogged all the way to the parking where my BMW was parked.

I was about to get in my car when I heard a commotion. I searched for it and saw five guys surrounding a guy who was oddly familiar. I left my car open to investigate the situation.

I creeped low to avoid being caught. I leaned my body on the wall and listened to their conversation.

"Where's my homework? I thought you already did it! My coach is gonna kill me if I fail algebra!" the guy wearing a jumper yelled. A jock, I see.

"I'm sorry! It's just that I had work and I didn't have time," the boy explained with fear in his voice. The jock got enraged, so he punched him in the face.

The boy fell to the ground and groaned from the pain. I got a good look at the boy, and what do you know, it was the mute kid from homeroom, Chris. Turns out he's not mute after all. The jock picked him up and spat at him some harsh words.

I debated if I should help him or not, but my father's warnings were damn holding me back. What they should know is that if it's one against many, it's not a fair fight. In my world, we have our fair share of disadvantages, like being outnumbered, but I believe in honor and dignity. That's why a lot of our allied gangs respects us, unlike our rival gang of the East Coast, The Mancini's: the deadliest and bloodthirsty hound dogs from New York City.

Chris saw me from the corner of his eyes. He had that blank expression on his face as if he was used to it.

As much I wanted to jump in and snap their twiggy little bodies, I couldn't. I know it sounds selfish, but I have my own problems to deal with. I can't involve myself in this petty bully fights when there are other bigger things.

With one last look at Chris, I propped myself off from the wall I was leaning on and headed back to the parking lot. I got in my car and started it, driving off as the tires screeched.

In the pit of my stomach, I couldn't help but feel that gnawing sensation. It was a whole new territory for me to feel like this.

Guilt?

I have no clue.

I need to get home and have a bottle of tequila.

*****************************

Song choice of the day:
More by Usher
Damn I love Usher!
(video on the side)